Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a rns e unit in my 2002 a4 this weekend. I haven't done the vagcom yet so there is no route info on my DIS. I was just wondering which channel will make my DIS work correctly? (STG17, channel 62, is this the one??).
What schould i fill in at STG56 coding Telephone when there is an audi mobile phone (made by nokia) installed in the car (no buttons on the steering wheel) Is it number 5? (telematics Europe, i live in europe)?

Many regards, frank.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Adding +4 to channel 62 in #17 will enable the navi. But, if you have the European Audi Telematics made by Nokia, it will conflict with the RNS-E and may cause some serious trouble. It has been strongly recommended on boards in Germany (by some close to Audi who know their stuff) that the Nikia Telematics must be removed/deconnected when installing the RNS-E.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a lot for your help. I will try it tonight. What kind of trouble can be caused by the nokia phone, is it really that serious??

regards, frank.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Don't know the details, all they say is that they don't get along very well.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Wait over night or pull the fuse for the instrument for 30 minutes. Turn compas on to get the navi display without route guidance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts