Audi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I'm trying to make a harness to bench program my RNSE outside of the vehicle. I know it can be done and I've seen it in some photos but no actual data on it could be found. I know all I need is CAN H, Can L, Power and Ground on the radio side, however I'm not confident on where to wire it up on OBD interface side. I also would like a part number and or source for the ODB female side. Any info schematics, wiring diagrams, etc. would be greatly appreciated. [-o<

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Get a OBD connector/repair wires from the parts department and connect 12V+, ground and K-Line to the Quadlock connector on the RNS-E. No need for CAN as the RNS-E does diagnostics over K-line. The OBD pin out has been posted on the forum (search for bench testing).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry for another ancient thread bump. Tried to do this but I get no connectivity with either pin 7 or pin 15 connected to B5 on the RNSE. I am using 11.11 of VCDS with a genuine cable. Are there any settings I am missing? I tried bypassing CAN initializaiton in the VCDS options but that did not help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts