Audi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone point me to some newbie info on the VAG tools? I'm about to buy a RNS-E unit and I'm interested in buying the VAG tools. I don't know much about this, just some bits of info from these forums. It sounds like this is both software and hardware (cables)?

What are the hardware/software requirements? What types of settings can I customize with it? I'm a software developer, network admin, etc., so hopefully I could figure it out quickly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. I read through all the FAQ pages, and I don't see many references for codes, or descriptions of what types of things I can change. I have an S4 B7, and the Bentley repair manual is not available yet. This page was sort of useful (although it's for the B6):
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audiB6.html

And this site is useful:
http://forums.audiworld.com/vag/

I guess I was hoping to find a long list of tweaks/codes (i.e. how to disable the passenger airbag light on the dash, or how to disable the 5-minute seat belt chime when speed = 0MPH).

Would you agree that for a new car under warranty, I might not be able to get my money's worth? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
No, the VAG cable is worth the money with a warranty or without. Also, don't hold your breath on the Bentley manual. None of the new manuals have the diagnostic codes in them because Audi's new tool is "self-guided fault finding". This means that they don't have to list the codes anymore in the manual because they are built into Audi's VAS tools.

I believe much of the B7 information can be found in the B6 bentley manual under the headings "...from November 2004" signifying the 2005.5 model year.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replies, great info. I think I'll go ahead and buy it, could be fun. My RNS-E just arrived today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts