Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After install of my RNS-E into my 2000 B5 w/ Bose I noticed the sound quality has diminished a bit.

From what I understand, the Bose should still work, but know I lost the hidden equalizer.

Would this have anything to do with my VAG coding? It came coded as 0502317 and I went ahead and changed the sound characteristics from 2 (4B) to 9 (Bose).

Should I have left it alone? Is there anything else I should have done?

Thank you all for your help......this site and the people on it have been awesome!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lee! I'll have to check with Teddy since he reworked the harness for me. Me and wires don't mix :) Is the Bose ground in the harness or do I have to add a wire?

Also, maybe you can help me with another problem.....every once in a while (I think on the few occasions when the RNS-E actually syncs with the cluster) I lose the recognition of my CD changer??? Right now I use my Ipod thru the CD changer port (via aux-box). The CD changer doesn't register. Just CD1, but it won't let me do anything. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Well, your RNS-E is constantly synced with your instrument cluster. If you are intermittently losing your CDC, then I would first suspect the wiring. The only way to be sure is to double check all the wiring connections.

Since Ted did you harness, I suspect that everything is properly connected, including your BOSE pin. However, it never hurts to double check everything. Your BOSE pin and your CDC both share one thing in common... the ground wire. Make sure everything looks cool around pin D12 in your quad-lock harness (it will most likely be a big brown wire). Don't go pulling on it really hard... but just make sure everything looks well connected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts