Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to VAG my car to finish my RNS-E install and just want to know whether I need to have the CAN interface to do this for my 2005.5 B7.

I noticed on the ross-tech site http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/canbus.html that for the B7 models it says (some control modules) need the CAN interface. Are these control modules the same ones as those that I need to access to finish my RNS-E install? Will KEY-USB be fine?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Most devices in the B7 platform communicate via K/L wires. (thus the interface you are proposing will work just fine with them).

The only devices that use CAN instead of K lines are the ESP 8.0 module, the Xenon module and the Airbag module (at least this is the case in my 1.8TQ B7 A4).

I would imagine that there should be no problem communicating with the radio/tel/tuner since they do not use direct CAN.

You will need however a Dual K-line cable as some devices are located on the second K-wire (referred as L wire). The cable you suggested supports this.

I hope i've been of some help.
Regards,
GrSpider

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.