Audi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I wonder if anyone can advise me

I have fitted a second hand European RNS E to my 2003 A6 2.5 tdi Avant Quattro, which is on a C5 Platform. It works well, however took about half an hour of driving to self calibrate, which is the only way I can describe it (I have not seen anyone describe this on the site), this happened only after the unit was first fitted then again when I removed it today to make some adjustments, after that it works fine. (this is the oly time this hapens after it starts working it never happens again unless I remove the unit and its power supply) I used my new Vag Com tool to reset the cluster and I get all the info up on the cluster. I dont think the CALA wire is connected and I am reluctant to fit it as I am not sure if a) I dont know if I need to fit it or b) if I do what terminal to connect it to. I also cannot get the Vag Com to find the RNS E, all I get from the Vag come is a windows warning advising that it could not make the connection. The unit works well the speed of refreshment seems good but I have nothing to compare it with as this is my first ever Navigation Unit in a car.

I have no faults when I have run the autoscan in the Vag Com selection

If you can help I would appreciate it

Thanks Tom Aberdeenshire Scotland 8)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Tom,

I suppose you got the 4B0 035 192P unit for your Euro A6 C5. This unit has a dedicated wire for the speed signal which should be connected as shown in this message: http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70. If you have one of the other units (8E0 or 8P0) you will not be able to get the speed signal in your car because both unit require speed over CAN which the A6 C5 does not have.

If you cannot connect to the unit it is most likely that your plug-and-play adapter does not have the k-line (L-line) connected properly. Check the label on your old radio and the new RNS-E and see where the little "k"-wire should be connected to and make sure it's wired properly. if so you should find the RNS-E as STG 56.

Hope this helps,
Dirk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank Dirk

I have noted that plug "B" is is missing from my harness which came with the sat nav, I have ordered a nw one so hopefully that will resolve my problem. Can anyone advise does the Gala wire get connected to pin 7 the BOSE connection? see my plug details for plug "B"

B. EXT Control Connector
1 - Most Ring break
2 - CDC-NF GND
3 - V-Signal (ist aber nur bei einem 4B0.... RNS-E verwendbar)
4 - U14R-2
5 - K-Line
6 - CDC-Data out
7 - BOSE Pin
8 - CDC-NF links IN
9 - CDC-NF rechts IN
10 - U14 ST CDC
11 - CDC -Data IN
12 - CDC- Data CLK

Thanks ahgain

Tom

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The GALA wire shoud go to pin 3 (V-Signal), the BOSE pin is either GND or 12V (forgot which one but I'm sure it's mentioned here somewhere)

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
... the BOSE pin is either GND or 12V (forgot which one but I'm sure it's mentioned here somewhere)
BOSE pin goes to ground if you have BOSE system in the car, otherwise leave it unconnected.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for that I'm glad I posted the note, I was not fully confident where to attach the Gala and K wires .

Cheers

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts