Audi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! guys. I just installed the RNS-E for my A4 05 (B6).
there were no problem replacing the radio to RNS-E.
8E0 035 192C

I just meet one of the person who has vag com, so we tried to set it up.
However, we soon have a problem. vag com could not find the "56" controler. it says that vag com cannot detect the navigation.

However, RNS-E unit works just fine include radio information is displaying properly on DIS (well, it looks just like the DIS before with radio).

Does anybody know why vag com cannot detect the navigation controller? (56 I believe).

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Check you adapter and make sure that the K-line (B/5 on the RNS-E) is wired properly. Also use VAG-COM 512.4 to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
More likely to be pin missing than pin out, several harnesses do not have the K line on the harness.

Check on the lid of the RNS-E for K line and see if there is a pin in that connector.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I was replacing the symphonyII with RNS-E, there were only two adapter from symphony II. Adapter 1 and 3. From the knowledge base, there is a picture story of installing the RNS-E unit. I saw there were brown colored Adapter 2. I think Adapter 2 is for the CD changer or multimedia extension ( I believe ).

I am not sure what K-Line means. Do I need to pull the cable out from somewhere? All I did is pretty much plug and play. Rewire the cables connected with symphoni II to RNS-E unit with wireharness.

Thank you for your suggestions.
Please keep giving me an ideas that I can try on.

- Mike -

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Do you have a wire in the RNS-E quadlock connector B pin 5?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
The quadlock is the big square connector that goes into the RNS-E.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if so, then yes. Due to the fact, DIS can display the media information that i am playing with RNS-E.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The DIS has nothing to do with the k-wire. It looks like you are mixing up a couple of things and it's very hard to understand what's wrong or to track down where the issue might come from.

Did you verify that you have a wire in connector B pin 5 in you RNS-E adapter? Connector B is on the RNS-E side of your adapter. Look on the RNS-E for a diagram with all the pins and numbers. Locate connector B and pin 5 and check if there is a wire in there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi! guys. Now,I have figured that it is sort of working.
I have noticed that set up the route doesn't make DIS displaying the route information automatically.

You know, there is DIS controlller on the window wiper controller. There is DIS controller reset button. When I press that, it shows two different mode. one is the traditional trip-computer and navigation information.

So, I guess it is working! (does nav information has to be shown automatically if I set the route?)

By the way, thank you sean! Please let me know your address or set up the time to send your removal kits back! With your help, I love my car more! I am deeply appreciate for your help!! thank you!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've just noticed my K-Line is missing for an install I need to do at the end of the month - anyone know the part number for the tiny pins?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.