Audi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have tried searching the forums for this problem but havn't come up with anything. I just put a euro nav into my 03 A6 and it works great but when i try to change some things using vag-com it says it can't connect to the radio or nav. I have the non can dongle and was wondering if it was because I need the can version.

Also sense I have put the unit in my battery becomes dead if I don't start the car for a few days, could the nav unit be draining the battery? If so how could I check to make sure?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
For the failed communication, make sure that your RNS-E adapter has the k-line wired. The VAG-COM talks via k-line to the RNS-E.

For the drained battery, I read once on a board in Germany about a similar issue. Can't remember if there was a final solution but the guy tried a couple of things without success. There are a couple of things you can check. First, with ignition off you RNS-E should go into stand-by after an hour or so. If this is not happening if may not get the ignition signal correctly. You may also want to check if you RNS-E turns off after about 30 minutes after locking the doors.

As a start, maybe doing a reset on the RNS-E (hold RADIO and SETUP until the unit reboots) helps.

Good luck...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehe so it was the k-line, I connected it up and it worked perfect. Guess I just forgot that step when I was putting it in.

Thanks for the reponse!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts