Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question regarding non Ross-Tech lead

I have seen some leads for sale non ross tech assuming with software. Lead states 512.4.
Would Ross-Tech VAG-COM tool version 607 work with non OEM leads any ideas. Obviously a cheaper alternative than the Ross Tech unit. But if software is required this will be $99 for licence. So may aswell get original.

What functionallity do you get with shareware version of VAG-COM ?? Coding BT mods ??

I only require a BT module, RNS-E and dash DIS coding. If anyone is in East Mids (UK) and wants quick cash let me know. Im In Leics area will travel.

Best regards

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Cruelworld said:
What functionallity do you get with shareware version of VAG-COM ?? Coding BT mods ??
The BT module is one of the "fussiest" when it comes to coding, the newer the version of VAG-COM you can use the more likely you are to be able to code it without problems. 607 and later usuually work first time, for some people 512 or later just don't work and they end up getting high blood pressure AND buying both a cheap lead AND a genuine lead.

The choice is yours which risk to take ... (money or stress).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is coding of the BT modules possible in shareware version, i.e. without having to purchase a licence ??

For instance if I was to purchase a lead that was compatible with 607 then use Ross-Tech VAG-COM 607 with this non OEM lead in shareware format ??

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
AFAIK, there is no non-Ross-Tech cable that would work with 607. So you either got a genuine Ross-Tech cable that will automatically activate VAG-COM 607, or you got a cheap KKL/CAN cable that won't work at all with VAG-COM 607, or you got a Chinese replica cable that behaves like a genuine Ross-Tech cable and may automatically activate VAG-COM 607.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts