Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Yesterday I tried to program my RNS-e so as to solve some problems I had with the glovebox CD-changer.(it was sowing the disks 1-6 shaded).When I opened the recode function the value I found was 0509413 which stands for A6-active front speakers-Bose-Nokia phone-default radio-cdchanger.

My car is a 2003 S4 B6 and therefore I had first to change the value from 05 to 03.the problem is that "03" corresponds to A4 after 2004.Is there any other value I have to use?Anyway I continiued with "03", the "0", "9" (since I have bose sound system) and I changed values for telephone from 4 to 3 (since the platform I have for my Nokia 6230i telephone has a stick which says Cullman) and then values "1" for radio and "3" for the cdchanger.

after that the problems with cdchanger persist and telephone functions still not work.In Telephone mode a message "please use your phone" appears and left-side functions "memory" and "End Call" appear shaded.This is a start because before programming I could not see anything in Telephone Mode, just a message "phone is not installed".Telephone mute,micro and speakers work fine as they did before programming.I have to mention tha nothing happened when I changed values for telephone from 3 to 4 and also i tried 2.

my questions therefore are:
What is the correct value for 2003 S4 B6?
What is the correct value for telephone and what functions will work with my platform?
Why is cdchanger not working.I have a cd changer with part number 8E0 057 111 C and an rns-e unit with part number 8E0 035 192 N and all the wiring seem to be ok.the adapter is from Kufatec and is the second I used since the first one which I bought with the unit was completely wrong.

Please advise accordingly.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Pgtiakias said:
My car is a 2003 S4 B6 and therefore I had first to change the value from 05 to 03. The problem is that "03" corresponds to A4 after 2004. Is there any other value I have to use?
It says A4 after 2004 because the RNS-E was not fitted before 2004. 03 is the correct value for all B6 A4's, even those built before 2004.

Pgtiakias said:
Anyway I continued with "03", the "0", "9" (since I have Bose sound system) and I changed values for telephone from 4 to 3 (since the platform I have for my Nokia 6230i telephone has a stick which says Cullman) and then values "1" for radio and "3" for the CD changer.

After that the problems with CD changer persist
The RNS-E will NOT work with a C suffix CD changer, you need a CD changer with either no suffix or a D suffix - I had exactly this problem in my 2004 S4.

Pgtiakias said:
and telephone functions still not work. In Telephone mode a message "please use your phone" appears and left-side functions "memory" and "End Call" appear shaded. This is a start because before programming I could not see anything in Telephone Mode, just a message "phone is not installed". Telephone mute,micro and speakers work fine as they did before programming. I have to mention that nothing happened when I changed values for telephone from 3 to 4 and also i tried 2.
It sounds like your telephone interface (at address 77) needs recoding (if it can be).

To work fully with the RNS-E the telephone interface coding needs to be 10xxx, yours is probably 00xxx. The problem is that early versions of the telephone interface will not accept the 10xxx code. Try it and see - if it will not accept the "extended functions" code (10xxx) then you will need a newer telephone interface.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I buy a cdchanger version "A" or "D" which are confirmed working with rns-e will I have to change to existing wiring?

Anyone wants to sale a glovebox cdchanger??????

thanks

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Pgtiakias said:
If I buy a cdchanger version "A" or "D" which are confirmed working with rns-e will I have to change to existing wiring?
No, the connections of all the versions of the CD changer are the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts