Audi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I replaced the Symphony II+ for the RNS-E without any problems, all wal plug and play but a few functions are still missing, first, the DIS is not showing the route, I know I need to use VAG-COM to let the car know that the RNS-E is there, what version of VAG-COM I need? my other question was for the bluetooth but I will check this in other forums after I update the codes in the car, may be is related with the same issue. I got the cable VAG-CAN and came with a software called Comander 1.4 I tried to use this but I never got a connection with the car. Do you know if this works? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Meteoro - I've moved your post to a new thread since you hijacked another thread (bad form, please don't do it). You also double posted the same question - which is another no-no, and is why you got essentially the same reply from me & AudiA4B6US.

Bin Comander and get VAG-COM - STFA will show you lots of posts on here from guys that have tried to use third party ripoffs of VAG-COM and had loads of trouble trying to access controllers, all those problems disappear when using the genuine article.

The Bluetooth module is VERY fussy about the software you need to code it - VAG-COM 6xx works but is "iffy", VAG-COM 7xx, 8xx or 9xx are reliable. IIRC none of the third party programs/cables are reliable with the Bluetooth module.

If you can't justify the cost then there will likely be someone nearby who will do the recoding for you as a swap for some "beer tokens".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot and sorry for the double post, I was not sure were to ask, will not happen again. I think I will buy the original cable to avoid any more complications. I saw a lot of cables in internet, all of them claim that will work, please let me know what I should looking for. As per another answer, the RNS-E is in K Line, if I want to work with all the other issues, I think I will need Can Bus cable, you are the experts, and I will follow your advice.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The only cable that has been confirmed and proven working is the Ross-Tech cable (the makers of VAG-COM/VCDS). Get the HEX-CAN cable (either USB or serial if you still have such a port), the money will be well spend. They are updating their software to do anything possible for something outside of VAG. Future software updates will keep up with all the changes Audi introduces.

Any other solution will stop working sooner or later and you may end up spending more money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts