Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need someone’s help
I already search the forum but I was unable to find an answer. Sorry if the answer is there and I mess it.
I drive an Audi A4 2003 (b6) cabrio (EUROPE) with concert radio and without MFSW
I just bought a RNS-E 8E0 035 192 D. The original soft code was 0301217 and I change it to 0413713. It work fine
My problem is with the Bluetooth module which I also bought.
I bought a 8P0 862 335 M (that what it says on the sticker). The vag-com says it’s a 8P0 862 335 J.
This is not my main problem. The problem is that I can not change the sof code. I want to change the 0011401 softcode to a 10722, but I cant. I input the code but it does not store it. To be fair I did not reset the navi since I did not know how.
The other problem I have is that the contact list of the mobile will not show on the RNS-E. I read about the K-line but if a k-line was not connected will I be able to see the controller in vag-com?
For the recode I made the harness by adding the Bluetooth comping 2 harness I got for ebay (one for navi and one for Bluetooth) .
The telephone work ok, but with out the contacts..
I use vag-com v 607 USB
Anyone have any clue what is going on

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If it's a J interface then you won't be able to code it for English UK (xxx22), you will need to use English US (xxx77). That's probably the reason why it doesn't take the soft coding. Once you changed the coding to 10777, reset the RNS-E and you should have access to the phone interface. Pair the phone and if it's compatible it will show the contacts.

·
Registered
819 Posts
You could code the module 10700, as I had the same problem when I found out I had a US unit. At least it will talk to the RNS-E.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
the dog said:
My problem is with the Bluetooth module which I also bought.
I bought an 8P0 862 335 M (that what it says on the sticker). VAG-COM says it’s an 8P0 862 335 J.
Sounds like the seller, probably through no fault of their own, mis-described the Bluetooth module.

J is a US module, M is an EU module.

That's why your module won't accept 10722 as a code (which an genuine M module would), but should accept 10777 (as Dirk suggests) (since it's really a J module).

I would go back to the seller and tell them they have mis-described the module and ask them for a genuine M module in exchange for the J module that you have been sent. Since it's labelled as an M they thought they were selling you an M module, so they were probably not doing it deliberately.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I'm sure when I had a J unit and tried 10777, the RNS-E would not talk to the bluetooth module. But I could be wrong!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would like to thank everyone for the answers and help.
The Bluetooth module took the 10777 code. The trouble is that it still does not show the contacts. It could be my mobiles problem though.
I have a Nokia 6630 and I do not see it in the list of supported phones. It is strange since it is a symbian phone. Does anyone know a phone model that will work for sure with the RNS-E so I can check and see if everything is ok with it?
I have another question to ask. I am reading about ways to activate voice dial without MFSW. I have read about can-gate and a switch but I am looking for a direct link to a place that sells them so I can buy one. Does anyone know such link?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
"I have a Nokia 6630 and I do not see it in the list of supported phones. It is strange since it is a symbian phone."

Nokia Symbian phones are not supported, which is why you have no phone book.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
the dog said:
Does anyone know a phone model that will work for sure with the RNS-E so I can check and see if everything is ok with it?
Try a Nokia 6230i - or any of the others listed as 100% in this post in this forum.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your responces...It looks like its time to change to new mobile phone :?
How about the other quastion about ways to activate voice dial without MFSW.Maybe can-gate? I am looking for a direct link to a web shop that sells them so I can buy one. Does anyone know such link?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
the dog said:
Maybe can-gate? I am looking for a direct link to a web shop that sells them so I can buy one. Does anyone know such link?
You have to contact bjarne direct my email - he's the designer and manufacturer of CANgate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts