Audi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you guys know that the SAT receiver (XM or Sirius) can be accessed via VAG-COM on address 0F? I didn't know this until today when I did a full scan and saw it listed. Or wasn't it there in earlier versions of VAG-COM? Anyway, that's much easier than pulling the trim to get the receiver out and check what part number it is :lol:

·
Registered
737 Posts
I wonder if anything can be changed or recoded so it would/could display more ID tag information?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was no coding/adaptation in 0F, therefore I don't think there is anything you can change with VAG-COM. But at least it shows the part number, firmware version and Audi serial number.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I think this is only for cars with CAN diagnostics... since my car only has K-line I don't think there's any way for VAG to communicate with the SAT tuner...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My B6 has no CAN diagnostics either and the SAT receiver is only connected to the Infotainment CAN, not the k- or L-wire. Sebastian said that they added this a while ago to the auto-scan list. That's propably why I haven't seen it in the past (and I don't do full scans regularly).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts