Audi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I shelled out the bucks and now I'm happy

Now I don't have to make contact with local people through email who don't come through. I tried a few times and had a lesser cable, 80 bucks wasn't cheap either, but it only allowed me to modify climate and steering and instrumentation. Wouldn't modify bluetooth or nav. It served my purposes at first by putting sirius in my DIS and Nav directions in my DIS, but was useless for bluetooth. Got hex-can-usb from ross-tech and 7.04 VAG can VAG to my hearts content.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a an 02 A4 3.0Q and am retrofitting w/ RNS-E 8E0 035 192 F w/ DVD A501 V2A, will I need to do any recoding if I am not using the DIS? From what I have read I am getting the feeling it doesn't work all that well with the red DIS.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
578 Posts
The Channel#4 in adaption should be updated, it says only Lambo :)

And the Ross-tech wiki says value 2 for rear view? I cannot change it to #2, only 1.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It's only available in EU 0600 for the Audi models. People with the US software can't change the channel 4 value unless the unit is coded for Lambo.

·
Registered
578 Posts
:D

the ross-tech coding #2 is wrong, just to make shure?

someone should tell them... :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an Audi A8 D2 (from 2002) with RNS-D, and I want to know what should I use to install a RNS-E ? The A6 coding ? Is it possible to install it that way, and still use all the functions of the car (MFSW, CD-Changer and a analog TV Tuner) ?

Thank you,

Andrei

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The RNS-E should be coded for an A6 and the A8 DIS won't show the navigation data. The RNS-D TV Tuner will not work with the RNS-E, the CD changer may work. There are a couple of A8 D2 topics shown in the quick links, that should get you started.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2003 A4 2.5 TDi Q sport.....with Bose & RNS-e....RNS-e has 2007 Europe DVD installed.
Anyways I am retrofitting the Audi OEM Kit....using the following Parts :
TEMIC module 8P0 862 335 Q running SW 350, and the correct Audi Microphone.

What VAGCOM codes do I need to set ? Apologies if this has been asked before.....but there seem so many VAGCOM options to select I just wanna be sure...

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi,

I have one small question regarding coding:

0xxx?xx: Telephone/telematics
1 - no telephone (supply voltage for microphone actively)
2 - Mobile phone preparation (Temic - Speisesp. Microphone inactively)
3 - Mobile phone preparation (Cullmann - Speisesp. Microphone inactively)
4 - Mobile phone preparation (Nokia - Speisesp. Microphone inactively)
5 - Telematics Europe (supply voltage microphone inactively)
6 - Telematics US (supply voltage microphone inactively)
7 - Base plate diagnostic capable with comfort control

Given my set up (see sig) which code do I need here? 0xxx5xx ????

Thanks!

fM

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Given my set up (see sig) which code do I need here? 0xxx5xx ????
When using the Audi BT module it's always 6 for the US and 7 for EU.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Small update:

Channel 123 is the RNS-E volume
Channel 11 can be used to change the SDS languaje (usually 0, for example if you set it to 5 automatically changes the language to Spanish and after that returns to 0)

Regards

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
VAG-Com for Audi A4 B7 2008 2.0T

Hi, I need some help, what version of Vag-Com software I need for my car?, I think has can-Bus but I am not sure, I installed a RNS-E and now I need to update the car codes. In reference to the cable, I got the VAG-CAN, this came with a software Commander 1.4 (until now, I was unable to read the car codes with this setup).
Some help will be appreciated. Thanks

Moderator note: double post see this thread http://audiforum.us/knowledge-base/11494-vag-com-rns-e-a4-b7-2008-a.html

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Your car has 4 CAN busses but the RNS-E is still on the K-ine. No idea what VAG-CAN or Commander 1.4 is but many non-VAG-COM cables and software tool have problems to talk to the RNS-E and/or phone interface.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts