Audi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I programming my RNS-E in my 2001 A6, I was not able to program Channel 2 of function 10 to any of the values in the table under VAG codes.

STG 56 -> Adaptation -> Function 10

-> Channel 002 (GALA)
0 - Self calibration
43 - Audi A3 (8P)
45 - Audi A4 (> 2004)

When I try to program Channel 2 it is set to 8 (not in the table), and it will not let me change it. All other channels programmed according to the table.

It seems that the speed pulses are present, I see them in engineering mode, but I am curious, if anybody else with an A6 have experienced this.

I am partially asking because I don't think my GALA volume is working even at setting 5.

I am not sure that my BOSE is working either, but that is another story for this coming weekend. I need to completely check out my adapter, I am not sure I trust it at this point.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Channel 002 is for units which use speed over CAN. Your A6 C5 uses a dedicated wire for the speed signal. Once you configured your unit for the A6 (STG 56, function 07, second digit) you are all set.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
Your A6 C5 uses a dedicated wire for the speed signal. Once you configured your unit for the A6 (STG 56, function 07, second digit) you are all set.
My bad! I missed that this was on a C5 A6.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. I was guessing that this was the case, but I have not seen it mentioned, so I wanted to check.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts