Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all -

I purchased the AudiCANV1 adapter from from Automotive Data to add the V1 display data to the DIS on my B6 S4. Appaently, all I need to do is attach the device to the remote display interface of the V1 and tap into the Infotainment CANbus. Based on searching here, it looks like behind the radio (mine is non-nav / Bose) is the best place to tap into that bus. I also gather that I am looking for the Orange/Violet (HI) and Orange/Brown (LO) wires in the back of the radio.

I plan on mounting the box under the dash on the drivers side and was wondering if there was anywhere under there (or elsewhere) that I could tap into the Infotainment CANbus. I don't have the radio puller so I will probably have to drop by the service dept or a stereo install shop to pull the head unit if I can't get to the bus anywhere else.

Thanks in advance for any help/cautions/recommendation.
Terry

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
You can get CAN behind the intrument cluster as well, but it may be just as easy to get someone to pull the radio.

·
Registered
249 Posts
just as an FYI... here's a pic of the wires you'll be looking for... the ones that have been cut, middle of the pic...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks and of course, additional questions

NSX JR - I was afraid that would be the case - thanks

Avantéix - thanks for the pic - that helps a lot.

Everything I have read indicates that CANbus should be implemented with Cat 5 cables - it looks like these aren't even twisted pair. The box I am adding has about 12" of 18 gauge (guess) wire. I assume that it would be in my best interest to keep the stub length as short as possible. Am I better off cutting the bus (Hi and Lo) and routing it close to my box then back to the radio to make the stub connection or should I just tap in with the shortest stub I can?

Thanks again
Terry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts