Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pending final release, here are a couple of supposed features of the new US 0150 software (part of the 2007 North America DVD):

- THE DISCLAIMER WILL BE GONE
- The MUTE feature will make it finally to North America
- The MIX function will stay activated when pressing the next/prev track buttons
- With route guidance enabled the first line in the DIS now shows the first characters of the songs title (instead of MP3)
- In radio mode, Memory got renamed to Presets
- The older 2A DVD (and likely the 1A DVD as well) will work with the new software
- The new software is more picky about backup disks but has no copy protection like the Euro 0330+ DVDs have.
- Updated map data on the North America 2007 DVD
- New 3D Highway info when using the North America 2007 DVD.
- New custom starup screen for TT MKII (see here)
- And did I mention that the disclaimer will no longer show up when turning on the RNS-E?
- Still no sign of TMC though (I guess we have to wait for that at least a year after UK got it)
- Also no information about SDS.

Stay tuned for more exciting news...

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Good news ;) I wasn't big fan of disclaimer.

TMC should be introduced after TMC network will be finalized for US market. This could take some time, unless XM will reach agreement with AOA and traffic data will be delivered via SAT tuner.

IMHO this would be great move from XM part and big increase in XMSAT tuner sale.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Happy to hear the disclaimer is on its way out!! At the same time, I am disapointed that there wasn't any mention of SDS capability In my mind that would have been a larger victory for us in North America.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Backup camera

At least now I can leave the RNS-E in video mode and upon car start (with the proxus VIM) have the camera on automatically - correct?

Kind of a "valet moron mode" - or better yet maybe they have snuck in a reverse activation ? (I know Im dreaming but you never know)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sweet baby Geebus I can't wait!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Will the vim coding still be valid after upgrading to the new DVD?

Also the comment about XM/AOA/TMC...... not sure this will happen since I believe Audi went exclusively with Sirius. Am I wrong in thinking this?

·
Registered
737 Posts
He did say "stay tuned for more exciting news."

So maybe we'll see more information about SDS!

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
caykroyd said:
Also the comment about XM/AOA/TMC...... not sure this will happen since I believe Audi went exclusively with Sirius. Am I wrong in thinking this?
NAVTEQ is already a part of the group involved with TMC in US. They also provide data for XMtraffic systems and they are only supplier of maps for AISIN. It would be logical to see TMC/XM on Audi cars especially that RNS-E is TMC ready.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you don't change the region, all coding and stored personal data remains as is. For those who have the true US software loaded, this will be an "insert and enjoy" update. For those who are running some kind of mixed Euro/US mode, this would be the time to clean things up.

As far as I can see so far there will be no significant changes other than the missing disclaimer and the mute function. Looking back, significant changes only happen if the major software version changes (like US 00xx to 01xx and Euro 01xx to 03xx, Euro 04xx introduced TMC 3.0 so that was a major change as well).

Since this is only a minor update (0110 to 150) it's unlikely that SDS will make it (although I have neither seen the DVD to check if the SDS files are on there nor do I have a SDS capable RNS-E).

Regarding TMC, based on what I understood it is a RDS based service in the US as well as in Europe. No need for either XM or Sirius as long as there is a station sending the TMC data as part of the RDS broadcast. However, other than in Western Europe it is a supscription based service in the US as well as in the UK. So even if it shows up as part of a future update there will likely be additional costs.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does it fix the music random play problem i.e. random is turned off if you skip forward or back?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MoroIsAnOrange said:
Does it fix the music random play problem i.e. random is turned off if you skip forward or back?
Yes, MIX is now working in the way that once activated you can press next track >| or previous track |< without deactivating MIX. It picks the next song randomly out of all songs on the card/CD (if Repeat All Playlists is selected) or from the current folder/playlist (if Repeat Playlist/Dir is selected).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Haaaaallelujah! Haaaaallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Halleeeeelujaaaaah!

This is shaping up to be a must-do update!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's supposed to be on the 2007 North America DVD that will get released sometimes between now and January.

·
Registered
515 Posts
finally fixed the MIX feature!!!!! woo hoo!!!..

i can hardly believe the disclaimer screen was removed, but that is great news too..

keep us updated..

·
Registered
114 Posts
I hope removing the disclaimer screen doesn't mean you won't be able to input Nav info while in motion.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You will still get the little disclaimer when you try to enter a destination while moving. However, after confirming you can enter the destination. I think that one is by far not as enoying as the initial startup disclaimer.

·
Registered
515 Posts
great point.. i better keep my 1280 until this is clarified..

i dont think the VIM unlocking will fix that issue..

1 - 20 of 140 Posts