Audi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Install question.....I recently purchased an 8E0 035 192 C for my U.S. spec 2003 B6 A4 and wanted to know for sure if I will need an adapter harness or not? I have done multiple searches and am a bit confused if I need one or not? Some folks have said that it is plug and play, however is that with the existing wiring from behind the syphony radio system or do I need to order one from KUFATEC? I installed an OEM VW CD based unit in my friend's R32 and that of course required a bit more labor and some adapter pieces. Additionally, I plan on ordering a VAG-COM unit from Ross Tech, but until it arrives, will the unit work at all after install, or should I wait until the tool arrives? I currently live in Europe so I do not need to worry about adapting a U.S. DVD at this point. I plan on installing Westeuropa 2004-0080 DVD and hope that it will work. Appreciate the help and hopefully I did not miss something already posted. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
You DEFINITELY need an adapter harness AND an adapter for the aerial leads - and a GPS antenna with a Fakra connector.

I got my adapter from Ralf Deventer and the antenna adapter from Kufatec - this was to replace a Symphony II in my 2004 B6 S4 (I'm in the UK).

I'd say get VAG-COM now, so you're familiar with it when you need it.

I use the 2004 0080 DVD ROM, but have upgraded the firmware to 0100.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PetroDave
Thank you very much for the information.....do you happen to have the exact part numbers for the items mentioned in your reply that I will need to order from Kufatec?

·
Registered
515 Posts
hopefully this will clarify a bit..

if you have an B6 A4 with the Symphony II radio, then it is plug-n-play WITH the correct ADAPTERS..

the RNS-E should work with out VAG-COM, at least radio and CD/SD.. you will need VAG-COM to get NAV info on the DIS; install TV tuner; phone; etc.. typically a unit for an A4 should be coded for an A4 (speed over CAN), so Navigation should work without VAG-COM.. for some reason, my A4 unit was coded for an A6 (GALA used for speed), in which case i needed to recode to Navigate..

sorry i do not have part numbers for adapters..

hope this helps..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, def does help....looks like I may have found the right adapter plug at KUFATEC as well. Appreciate everyones assistance on the forum.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
3audiman said:
...do you happen to have the exact part numbers for the items mentioned in your reply that I will need to order from Kufatec?
Neither Kufatec nor Ralf use part numbers only descriptions. Check out the pictures on this forum so you know what the connectors on the RNS-E look like, and compare against the photos at Kufatec.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts