Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

First time post here. I just found the web site through www.audizine.com.

Anyways, I have a US spec 2006 Audi A4 Avant with original RNS-E unit. I'm moving back to Finland in a few months so I'm trying to find info how to convert my US unit to EU unit. I talked with dealer in Finland, and surprise they didn't know anything except they wanted 500 Eur for the Euro DVD map.

So how should I proceed? I've heard you can convert the EU unit to US unit with no problem, but can you do it other way round as well? Also, which is the best place to buy Europe 2006 DVD?

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Converting the RNS-E to Euro spec isn't the problem, getting a Euro DVD is more work (or costly). Once you got the Euro DVD (I would recommend 2006 or 2006_1) come back and I will help you to convert you US spec RNS-E to Euro specs. All you need for that is a computer with CD writer and the original Euro DVD. And maybe a VAG-COM to check/change some channels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
Converting the RNS-E to Euro spec isn't the problem, getting a Euro DVD is more work (or costly). Once you got the Euro DVD (I would recommend 2006 or 2006_1) come back and I will help you to convert you US spec RNS-E to Euro specs. All you need for that is a computer with CD writer and the original Euro DVD. And maybe a VAG-COM to check/change some channels.
Thanks man. Yeah, I have an access to VAG-COM. I saw from www.ebay.de a lot of Europe DVDs for sale. Do you think they are "official" DVDs or copies? They are about 1/5 of dealer price.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
As long as you get an original DVD you should be fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
Are the Euro DVDs sold by user powertony good? I'm just new to this forum and don't know other members. :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
I don't believe it will be an original..

·
Registered
530 Posts
The ones Powertony sells.

·
Registered
530 Posts
BTW it might be worth checking with Powertony if he also sells original ones.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
FINA4 said:
AudiA4B6US said:
So copy of an original DVD doesn't work?
A backup will work if made properly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.