Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys,

i have installed an EU rns-e which was upgraded to the us 110 software before.

How can i change it back to the Euro software now? I tryed the VAG-COM downgrading trick on channel 97 which was explained on this forum but it doesnt work... the software update does just not start. Does anyone have an idea how i can install the Euro software again?

many thanks

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Here's what to do (at your own risk, no warranties or guaranties of any kind):

- From the Euro DVD, copy the following files from the DVD in a new folder on your computer: 00.VNS, A220xxxx.MOT, INDEX.TXT, LOADING.KWI and LDM.BIN
- Download and install UltraEdit32, the trial version is sufficient
- Open INDEX.TXT with Notepad, change 0330 (if you are using the 2005_1 Euro DVD) to 0120 and change 059E to 024F (only change the 4 characters each, not more), save and exit
- Open LOADING.KWI with UltraEdit32 and change the first two occurences of V220 to V222, also change 059E to 024F, save and exit
- Write all files to the root of a new CD (CD-R is better than CD-RW, if you use CD-RW use 4x-12x but not the 16x+ media)
- Start your engine (to make sure you have 13V or more during the update) insert the CD, your RNS-E should start the update after a couple of seconds and reboot once.

At this point your RNS-E is in Euro mode, running sw 0330 with a SOFIDX of 0120. Insert your Euro DVD and let the unit complete it's update from sw 0120 to whatever is on your DVD. You must use a 2005_1 or newer for this. If you only have a 2005 or older DVD, change #37 channel 97 to 1 before you insert your Euro DVD.

If you are in Australia, don't forget to change channel 10 to 1 for southern hemisphere.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i only have an 2005 disc... are you sure its channel 91 and not 97 as you have described in your downgrading post on this forum?

I already tryed to downgrade the software using your downgrading description but the software update doesnt start... i inserted an us disc with the sofidx of 100 and some euro discs with sofidx 50 and 80 but nothing worked.... do you know why this doesnt work?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
My fault, it is channel 97.

The trick is to get it to update first to the Euro software, any version. This is done by taking the Euro software and making it look like the US software (e.g. change V220 to V222). Once it loaded the new software it will look for updates from the same region (either V222/US or V220/RdW).

You can take whatever DVD you have. Just make the version (that's the 059F, 023F, 017B or whatever) be one hex digit higher that what's currently loaded (if you are at 017b, use 017C, if you are at 023F use 0240).

If you are running US 0110 you have to create an update disk with SOFIDX 0120. Once the update completed you can either insert a disk with a higher SOFIDX (e.g. Euro 2005_1 which is SOFIDX 0330) or change channel 97 and insert an older disk (e.g. Euro 2005 which is SOFIDX 0100). As long as the SOFIDX and NAVVER don't match the RNS-E will do an update if channel 97 is set to 1.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have two other questions. The navigation and everything works fine but the navigation directions do not show up in the FIS i have an 2003 A4 cabrio and i thought everything is plug and play... radio stations and cd tracks show up in the fis without problems...

another question: is it normal that i can only hear the navigation voice directions from the left front speaker? The voice comes only out of this speaker...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just did the vag com coding but it doesnt work... the current value was 17 so i added +4 so i entered 21 but it doesnt work... still nothing on the FIS... any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Nothing appears on the DIS unless you have either the compass on, or a route active.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.