Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

First post here. I have been considering upgrading from the symphony II to the RNS-E for a little while, and will probably make the move early next year.

So, same questions as others, which unit should I get? But there is a twist:

I have a US-spec 2004 A4 avant, w/Bose & XM, but I will be moving (back) permanently this summer to Europe. Since I will probably keep the car until it dies on me (more or less), I will be adding goodies to it, like bluetooth, and CD changer.

Would you guys recommend that I get a US unit, or an EU one, patch it to US use for 6 months, and then re-patch it for EU use?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
yep, that's the best way to go. Other option is to swap your unit: buy a US unit now, when you come to Europe I can change your unit (with country are you going to?) for an EU unit, and you swap it to US again when you go back..I've done this a several times (when patching wasn't an option) for US army guys in Germany.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haaggie said:
yep, that's the best way to go. Other option is to swap your unit: buy a US unit now, when you come to Europe I can change your unit (with country are you going to?) for an EU unit, and you swap it to US again when you go back..I've done this a several times (when patching wasn't an option) for US army guys in Germany.
Ok. What are the main diffs (yes, I did read the FAQ) between EU & US? The SAT button only? With the US firmware update, I assume the "other" button located in-lieu of the SAT still acts as SAT?

also, how much are you selling the units for?

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
There is no SAT button on the RNS-E . The buttons RADIO and CD/TV are called FM/AM and CD/SD on the US unit, that's the only visual difference. Prices are depending on the part# (production year) and used/new. Please, PM me for pricing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts