Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was in Germany, I had the privledge of driving an A6 Avant TDI
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/2335655.phtml

It came loaded with RNSe (2005 A6). It had a female British voice. Is it possible to get that voice for use in my US (converted) RNSe?

Also, are there any equivalant female/British voices for PhatBox?

thanks

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Re: US converted RNSe: Is it possible to get Euro:British vo

SmokinS4 said:
When I was in Germany, I had the privledge of driving an A6 Avant TDI
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/2335655.phtml

It came loaded with RNSe (2005 A6). It had a female British voice. Is it possible to get that voice for use in my US (converted) RNSe?
No, the US software only has a US version of English voice, and the EU software only has a British version of English voice.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Actually, might be an interesting try to place the voicedat.kwi from the 2005 or older Euro DVD on a US DVD and see what happens. You can't do that with the Euro software because of the copy protection but the US software may actually allow that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
version.

I want the version that curses at you when you make a wrong turn...or the version that has a drinking problem and gets lost sometimes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
Actually, might be an interesting try to place the voicedat.kwi from the 2005 or older Euro DVD on a US DVD and see what happens. You can't do that with the Euro software because of the copy protection but the US software may actually allow that.

Thanks, I'll talk to Ted to see if we can play with it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's funny that they use a British accented woman's voice in Europe. When we rented a VW Touran with Nav in Germany this last fall, the voice sounded very much like the late Gene Simmons. We gave her the name of Frieda. My US RNS-E doesn't sound like anybody I can think of, just a generic American Midwest accent.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
derleicaman said:
It's funny that they use a British accented woman's voice in Europe. When we rented a VW Touran with Nav in Germany this last fall, the voice sounded very much like the late Gene Simmons. We gave her the name of Frieda.
We call her "Jane" because she has a rather "upper crust" accent. However, she spoils this image sometimes by telling us to "continue on this road for 3 mile" (note mile not miles - which is definitely NOT RP English).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts