Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 AllRoad with a factory installed RNS-E non Bose system. What are some of the options as far as upgrading the stereo, not sat radio, or ipod, or phatbox, but I mean the stereo itself (amp? speakers? Bose system?) with out changing the way the systems works with the RNS-E?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I would not recommend to upgrade to Bose because honestly it is not the best setup on the market. It is OK but you there is a lot of better options available.
Upgrading speakers shouldn't make any problems and I will start with that before you will go further and add any amp. Test it and check if you will even need one ;)

Be sure that any add-ons are not running from the same power-line NAV is using. This could damage or interfare with NAV functionality.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I fyou don't have Bose you should be able to use any aftermarket amp connected to the line-out on the RNS-E. New speakers and/or new wiring might be required as well. The RNS-E has a 4 channel line out if that matters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.