21 - 40 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can also confirm that the Wii received a new firmware that let you use SDHD instead of just SD. Here's hoping this is possible on the RNS-E too, its harder to get 4 gig cards that arent SDHC.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
4GB SD cards work fine, 512 files+folders is still the max though
I hope the 512 files + folders limit is increased, otherwise being able to use a 32GB SDHC card will be a bit pointless!

It would be nice for the 64 character limit on path length to be removed too - that goes back to DOS 6 days!

·
Registered
578 Posts
.....Rabbit....? :D

·
Registered
538 Posts
I couldn't get the dvd from my offical Audi/Seat center nearby because the delivered EXEO cars (5 pieces) has no rns-e unit on board. They where all with Seat Radio (similar symphony radio)
So I called another big Seat Center in Brussels. They could say that they have 2 cars delivered with Seat Exeo Navigation System. They tried the Seat dvd 8P0 919 884 AJ in the Audi RNS-e system. The unit recognize the dvd as a "update dvd" without making a update. So that means that the dvd will not work for Audi cars. I can't guarantee this information because i couldn't see it with my eyes.
best regards

·
Registered
578 Posts
I couldn't get the dvd from my offical Audi/Seat center nearby because the delivered EXEO cars (5 pieces) has no rns-e unit on board. They where all with Seat Radio (similar symphony radio)
So I called another big Seat Center in Brussels. They could say that they have 2 cars delivered with Seat Exeo Navigation System. They tried the Seat dvd 8P0 919 884 AJ in the Audi RNS-e system. The unit recognize the dvd as a "update dvd" without making a update. So that means that the dvd will not work for Audi cars. I can't guarantee this information because i couldn't see it with my eyes.
best regards
:-s

thanks for the update Rabbit

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The new software is V574xxxx, no surprise that it won't load on an RNS-E that is running V220 or V222. But that doesn't mean that it is not possible. I'm sure once the software is available for a closer look, some of us may be able to say more about possible upgrade paths of older units. So, if anybody gets hold of the AJ DVD (or the Audi version of it), please let Klaus or me know.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Maybe this release was created only for Seat units...and to mantain a little difference from Audi.
Probably, this update will be available in the 2010 DVD maps, not before (hack excluded).

The software of new TT doesn't work on the our units?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The software of new TT doesn't work on the our units?
Nobody has seen the 2010 software yet, TT, Seat, whatever. Until it gets released on DVD or CD, nobody will be able to say anything about compatibility with older units.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
New RNSE has a completely different hardware than the old one.
That's bad news, but it's what I've suspected all along...

So how can we EASILY identify the new RNS-E from the part number?

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
I wonder if it will be possible to retrofit 2010 A3 RNS-E on B7 A4 by replacing the A3 faceplate with an A4 one.
Might be simpler to get a Seat 3R0 version which will have an A4 faceplate.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I can also assist with analysis to get the new software running on old units and have quite a bit of experience in this area. For reference search my threads SDS in the US and I also discovered the adaptation channel for auto-switching backup cams. I just need to get ahold of the directory structure and update files portion to perform some analysis. If you have access send me a PM and I will get right to work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
... but it will show you only Seat-garages instead of Audi-garages ...

Greetings
Klaus
Hmm - I'd have thought that would have depended on which nav disc you used rather than all dealers/garages being hardcoded?

21 - 40 of 171 Posts