·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone upgrade his system or know someone who did this

·
Registered
65 Posts
Kufatec sells this kit and can also perform the installation.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
allready ordered

ordered the MMI retrofit kit including DVD-navi, will be mounting everything from april 10

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Upgrade MMI from basic to high

To day I ripped the brand new car apart, the face plate was a bit terrible it feld like braking apart but then it came.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kufatec set arrived

Yesterday the Kufatec set arrived.
Let's hope there is no component protection on the modules so I can fit everything tomorrow.
The DVD player looks totally worn out lets hope it functions better than it looks
Also got the upgrade cd's 4E0906961T and 4F0906961T, and I made a backup of the 2007 AL DVD with my ASUS and cheap ALDI DVD's it works great

For anyone who can help I've got foto's to upload but no url

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Up and running

Fitted everything and after some changes and ofcourse removing the component protection it looks great.
Operation was a succes, I believe it took me about 5-6 hours

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wow, installing MMI high is quite a big installation procedure. Do you have more detailed pictures of the installation-process?

I already have MMI high, but I still think it would be most interesting to see how it's done.

How was the documentation? On my DVD-navi retrofit kit it was only a letter without pictures.

Please post more information regarding this huge project.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Very very nice job. This is the kind of Audi technician everyone would want to know.

·
Registered
65 Posts
This is the kind of Audi technician everyone would want to know.
I totally agree.

Paul H ---> I'm impressed! I would never dare to try anything like that! Where did you find the instructions of how to disassemble all parts (trim, panels and so on) without destroying anything??

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where did you find the instructions of how to disassemble all parts (trim, panels and so on) without destroying anything??
where do you think I work????????? It's my job to play with cars

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.