Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To: [email protected]

Audi,

There has been no update for the A3 Sportback e-tron connect app since September 15, 2016. I know that you discontinued building the vehicle in 2018, but there are thousands of owners who would love even a simple update.

Please consider adding these capabilities:
1. More accurate odometer readings in “Status” section of app (to the tenth of mile/km)
2. Change “Park Position” to update more often, so the location does not have to wait until the car is stopped and parked.
3. “Trip Data” should accurately record driving distance EVERY day, not just days when the car is actually turned on and driven. I should see zero for days when it is not driven.
4. Allow user access code to be more than only 4 digits, please.

Thank you for considering updating the app with the relatively simple improvements. I am certain that many people on Audi Forums would be thrilled!

David

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And now the A3 e-tron Connect app no longer works at all AND it has been removed from the Apple Store. When do I get an update on my Audi to G4 connectivity? When will Audi release an app for the A3 e-tron? US law states that a manufacturer is REQUIRED to maintain support and parts for a minimum of 10 years after it is no longer available for sale. It is NOT 2028, Audi. Support owners who supported your company by buying your products. Without that support, the value of our A3 e-trons on the used car market will drop drastically.
we are also NOT able to access our vehicle via any app, which is disturbing since we paid extra for those capabilities. You NEVER warned owners that we would lose all app access to our Audis. Our local dealership has been upgrading A/G 4 and 5 vehicles to G4 connectivity, but they had never heard of anything for our 2017 A3 Sportback e-tron.

·
Registered
1 Posts
And now the A3 e-tron Connect app no longer works at all AND it has been removed from the Apple Store. When do I get an update on my Audi to G4 connectivity? When will Audi release an app for the A3 e-tron? US law states that a manufacturer is REQUIRED to maintain support and parts for a minimum of 10 years after it is no longer available for sale. It is NOT 2028, Audi. Support owners who supported your company by buying your products. Without that support, the value of our A3 e-trons on the used car market will drop drastically.
we are also NOT able to access our vehicle via any app, which is disturbing since we paid extra for those capabilities. You NEVER warned owners that we would lose all app access to our Audis. Our local dealership has been upgrading A/G 4 and 5 vehicles to G4 connectivity, but they had never heard of anything for our 2017 A3 Sportback e-tron.
I find this very annoying as well. That is interesting about the 10-year rule for support. After several calls to Audi and being on hold for 20-30 minutes before giving up, I finally got through earlier today. The Rep explained that when AT&T canceled 3G service, so too went connectivity for the A3 e-tron. Shame on Audi for very poor product planning: 4G has been around since 2012 and 3G was outdated when the car (ours is a 2017) was manufactured.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts