Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the following bit of software to see if it enables the phone book etc on a symbian phone, I have tried it on my N91 but it will not install as it is not in the supported phones list.

http://www.piaccess.com/trac/wiki/Products

piAccess Link is available for UIQ and Nokia Series 60 devices.

UIQ devices currently include:

Sony Ericsson P800, Sony Ericsson P900, Sony Ericsson P910, Motorola A1000
Series 60 devices currently include:

Nokia N70, Nokia N90, Samsung SGH-Z600, Nokia 6600, Nokia 6630, Nokia 6680, Nokia 6681, Nokia 6682, Nokia 3230, Nokia 6670, Nokia 7610, Nokia 6620, Nokia 6260, Panasonic X700, Panasonic X800, Samsung SDH-D720

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
When I tried to install it on my Nokia N70 I get a security warning and it won't install. I'll see if I can disable the anti-virus software on my N70, and see if it will install then.

The website does say there's a problem with the security certificate but if they fix that, it will prevent it working on some Ericsson phones.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Tried disabling the virus checker - but still unable to install on my N70.

Have logged a problem report.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, I was chatting to another guy tonight and he has some widget that installs on his N70 and allows the same thing. He is sending it to me soon and I will post a link to it.

Craig

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
craigyb said:
OK, I was chatting to another guy tonight and he has some widget that installs on his N70 and allows the same thing. He is sending it to me soon and I will post a link to it.
PLEASE!

The support guys at piAccess can't solve the problem - they reckon that the Vodafone firmware prevents installing unsigned Symbian applications. So it looks like I can't use piAccess Link - since they say they won't get their program signed because that will prevent some Ericsson phones loading it.

Sounds like they're stuck between a rock and a hard place - sign it so that all Nokia phones will load it and stop some Ericsson phones, or leave it unsigned so Ericsson phones will loda it and stop some Nokia phones!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Finally got it to install on my N70 today.

It doesn't synchronise the phone book(s) automatically.

I'll try a manual connect tomorrow.

PS Craigyb you got a PM.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Tried it this morning - piaccess Link didn't recognise the Audi Bluetooth adapter as a Bluetooth device.

So - no further forward with getting the phone books to transfer from my N70 to my RNS-E.

I try any other/further ideas.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I've had some dialogue with the developers of PI-Access Link and they are keen to make the Audi BT kit functional with Symbian phones.

Does anyone have any specifications for the Audi BT module and the protocols it uses to talk to the phone book etc.

Craig

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is the N80 like the N90 S60 series 3 software? if so it will not load.

Craig

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tried downloading piAccess Link to my Nokia N90 and that works fine. It is also possible to discover the Audi bluetooth from piAccess. However I don't get any improvements in regards to phonebook, signal strength and so on.

I think this product has potential an if they can get it working with the Audi BT kit I will certainly buy it. I am also willing to help test during development if they want testers.

/Johan

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
On the PiAccess website they explain why it doesn't help solve our problems - they use a non-standard Bluetooth port. What we need them to do is replace the existing functionality - like the other SW for MS Mobile platform from another vendor.

Pi have asked for testers - so logon to their forum and add your name to the list.

P.S. The problem with installation is down to security settings, the solution shown in their discussion forum works.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.