Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Sony Ericsson phone, Well, we did the install by replacing the telematics box with the BT box. It was a major, major PITA, but it's done. The car recognizes the phone and the info comes up on the cluster. I can dial out from the car but when I do, the sound only comes through on my handset. I can hear the sound change in the car, but there's nothing actually coming out. I don't know if it's a setting in the phone or if it's that a wire/pin on the connector is wrong.

And secondly, the 54 pin plug comes with two blue inner pin receptors. One single row receptor and one dual row. Which is correct, to swap the 10 necessary pins out of the old, into the new and let the old 42 pin plug hang off to the side or to just add the new single row receptor to the existing 42 pin? I didn't even investigate to see if that was possible, but we left the existing 42 pin to hang off to the side.

I'm hoping that we didn't missplace pin 8 or 9 on the BT connector. I would hate to have to take my car apart again. I'm hoping its just a setting in the phone to tranfer the calls to the HF device that I haven't seen yet...

:(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
False alarm!!!

It's amazing what letting the car sit overnight can do for Audi electronics. We have audio. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts