Audi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now everything is working correctly with navigation system i want to venture into tv tuner ,any posts or info appreciated,does the tv show up in nav screen & what do you need to get dvd working & does this show in nav screen.

John

·
Registered
69 Posts
Do you have the RSNE or NAV+ (RNSD)?

There is no DVD on the CD NAV.

What year car do you have? What Model?

You have to through us a bit of info.

I have a TV tuner up and running and went through the pains of antenna switcher, amps, antenna wires and so on. It's not an easy trip but I think it was worth it.

David

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car is 2001 A4 3.0l quattro sport tip B6 CAN based, the unit is nav+ RNS-D does that mean i can,t get dvd playing,
John

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have DVD but it's because I pre-wired a PS2 slim into the harness. There is going to be a 12volt adapter released at the end of this month for the slim PS2 and available at ToysRus. The price is going to be about $14.00.

David

·
Registered
69 Posts
I can't tell you much in regards to all the parts required for a B6 but I can look up some for you when I get a chance. I don't think you need as many parts to get it working. You really have to get hunting for a tuner and wire harness first though. Once you get those the fun begins.

Go here to read http://www.nav-plus.com/instructions/ and not to worry I did figure this all out and it is a bit easer now.

I'll get you more info when I get a chance to sit down with the trusty parts guide. Depending on where you are though you will be able to get everything you need from vagparts.com That’s where all of my items came from with the exception of a few wires locally.

David

·
Registered
9 Posts
David,

How did you go about wiring in the PS2? Did you use the TV interface that Dietz makes (or something similar?).

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
69 Posts
It really wasn't that hard except for the fact I have the factory TV tuner. The factory TV tuner has the ability to take 4 additional video sources but only 2 audio. That's because you can use regular RCA inputs or SVHS. What I did was take a play station adapter and cut it in half, essentially giving me an RCA patch cord and a Play station. Once I had the adapter cut apart I used the RCA side of it to reference the pin outs of the Play station side.

I then used factory Audi wires and inserted them into the open spots on the TV tuner harness adapter. After that it was simply solder the wires to the play station adapter. I now have a set of RCA's for an input and the PS2 adapter for a second.

I plan on using my second set for a 12volt PC I have.

You do have to have the factory tuner to do this but it very easy. I can provide all the pin outs of the TV tuner for anyone that wants to add to it. THe factory tuner even has a second screen output for a rear screen.

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts