Audi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think it is time to install a tv tuner in my car!i have an audi s3 model 2003!at the left side in my cars trunk i can see a small diversity?is there any chance to have the antennas fot the tv tuner already in my car from the factory?

·
Registered
69 Posts
No, the antenna wires are all the same it's the amps that are different. You would need the wires that go from teh switcher to the TV unit. Not knowing how many wires you currently use it's hard to say but my A4 had 4 antenna's and 2 wires going to the NAV unit (AM FM). With my new switcher I still have 4 antenna's, 2 wires going to the Nav and 4 wires going to the TV tuner.

David

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
than you for the reply!
i want to install the b version of audi tv tuner!i checked my car and i saw that i have already a switcher installed in my car!the part number is 4DO035530E!note that i have a roof antenna in my car!!!now what i have to buy,cables,amplifiers,in order to connect the tuner?if i replace the amplifiers,how the radio will work?please help!!!
:shock:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't believe you have the right switcher. It should end in an F. Not an E.

Both the D and F switchers are for NAV and TV the E switcher is listed for Just NAV.

Your radio will work fine with the new amps. The amps just allow more signal to come in to provide reception for the TV.

The correct amps are as follow:

Right Upper : 8L0 035 225
Right Lower : 8L0 035 225 A
Left Upper : 8L0 035 225 B
Left Lower : 8L0 035 225 C

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't know anything about your model and the switcher. You'll have to get the parts I listed then see if and what you will need. I'm pretty sure you only need a few cables as where I had to replace all of mine. This is the area where it's gets a bit difficult.

David

·
Registered
65 Posts
you simply replace the amps in the boot lid with the tv amps and swap over the diversity switcher unit, using all the existing cables

then you need 4 x cables with smb connectors to go from the tv diversity switcher (it has an extra 4 connectors that go to the tv) and the other end of these cables plug straight into the tv tuner. the tv tuner connectors look odd but they will take the individual smb plugs inside.

you will need to get a tv cable (try german ebay) - the tv tuner end plugs staight in, but the navi end has a simple plug and a few free wires that will have to be tapped into the existing navi connectors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts