Audi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there. i wonder if any of the nav+ master can help me with this.

i have a non-B tv tuner done wonderfully by Ken, and i finally have time to install it.

i have connect up everything, and the tv unit is now detected by nav+.

but i have 2 problem:

a) the tv tuner is stuck at channel 25, with no audio. everything is clear, with channel letter, but i can't see any reception. i can't change any channel. could it be because the installer connect to the wrong Can High / Can Low wire? as he just tap one of them? i remember when i did my own CAN BUS install with Lloyd that there is a specific CAN High IN and Can High OUt?

b) as soon as i drive, i discover the nav+ blank out the tv mode and say i should not be watching tv i drive... what is the cable again i need to disconnect?

any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Louis

·
Registered
82 Posts
you do not have to disconnect any wire!just put a switcher in the wire with the gala or abs signal!when you want to see tv while driving,just stop the gala or abs signal with the switcher! :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Search some of Ted's post's he has posted a way to disconnect the gala with out disrupting the speed signal. Its just a mater of where you cut.

If you can't tune off of 25 then the tuner isn't receiving any channels.

Note I have the B tuner so I hope this all relates.
I am guessing you are in North America, if you are set to NTCS you should see snow with no sound. If it is set to PAL you will get a blank screen and no Audio. Make sure you are using the correct mode. I believe pin 7 of the wires coming from the NAV unit changes it from NTSC and PAL. I can't help much beyond that because I haven't worked with a non B tuner. This is definitely where I would be looking though.

David

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey Louis,
i'm glad you have the tv reception problem resolved. i thought you were never gonna put that tuner in since i did your cable last year around this time.heheh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts