Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2003 RS6 with Navi+, CD changer and TV tuner. I have installed a RNS-E without too much difficulty exept to plug the CAN without cutting the wires of the Navi+. Question: if I find the right tuner such as 4D0 919 146C or D, can I reuse the OEM antena of my previous tuner?

Thank you for the quick answer, I might have found one and I will buy it this Saturday!

Philippe

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Yes, everything at the tuner end is plug and play, but at the RNS-E end you will have to cut of the 10 pin round connector and reconnect the 32 pin AMP connector to it.

Or replace the whole lead from the front to the back of the car with an RNS-E TV tuner lead and rewire the canbus & power leads.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I am quite sure you could find a 10-pin female plug and make a custom harness using the grey 32-pin plug on the other end. Try searching www.digikey.com and see if you can find the right one.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I searched high and low for a 10 pin female connector, 2 places that they are used are "Sega Saturn" games consoles and graphics cards for media expansion ports.

Sega's can be bought for around £10 and the connector stripped from the board. Thats how I did my first 10 or so RS6's, but after that I just ran out of Sega's and started putting on the new 32pin connector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts