Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to work out exactly what bits I need to order to retro fit my TV unit in my A4 B6 Cabriolet.

So far I have been able to identify all the following bits, but I can’t find part numbers or prices for any of the leads and I can’t find a wiring diagram or flow diagram for the aerial system.

Most of the bits appear to be in the boot lid, but how they interconnect and how thet get to the TV unit is a mystery. As is the GPS signal, how does that get from the boot to the RNS-E ???

TV Amps in Boot Lid ................... 8H0 035 225 N - Amplifier x2..................................... £183.63
Diversity TV Switcher ................. 8E0 035 530 ? - Amplifier.......................................... £108.61
TV Tuner Housing ....................... 8E9 035 209 A - bracket for TV.................................. £ 5.72
TV Tuner Retainer ...................... 8H0 035 201 ? - Retainer ......................................... £12.14
Aerial Wire ................................ 8H5 035 550 AA - 5500mm ......................................... £40.80
Plug Surround ........................... 4E0 035 674 K - Housing GPS .................................... £ 1.82
Plug Surround ........................... 4E0 035 575 K - Housing TV ...................................... £ 1.46
Plug Surround ........................... 4E0 035 604 K - Housing TV ...................................... £ 1.92
Plug Surround ........................... 1C0 973 119 ? - Housing Aerial Filter 3pin black*** .. £ 1.49
Plug Surround ........................... 6Q0 035 576 K - Housing Aerial filter ......................... £ 1.46
Cable for TV ............................. See catalogue - electr.connecting elements ............... £ ?.??

Luggage Boot Trim - Left ......... 8H0 863 887 B - TV option ......................................... £88.88
Retainer .................................. 8H0 035 201 .............................................................. £12.14
Mounting ................................. 8E9 035 561 .............................................................. £3.03
Hex Bolt .................................. +N 010 215 27 ........................................................... £0.26
Washer ................................... +N 011 666 15 ........................................................... £0.19
Hex Nut & Washer .................. +N 901 326 03 ........................................................... £0.40
Riv Cap Nut ............................. N 909 203 01 ............................................................. £0.32

Now do I really need all these bits and are there any bits that I have missed ?

How does the GPS get split from the diversity signal if it goes along the same feed to the RNS-E ???

*** What is the Aerial Filter that the back 3pin connector is for ???

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is no one prepared to pick up this thread and offer some useful comments ?

I can't believe I'm the first to want to retrofit the TV option in an A4 Cabrio ???

In Eager anticipation......

·
Registered
64 Posts
I know it's pretty obvious and not very constructive, but don't you need the TV tuner itself :wink:

I couldn't see it on your list.

I would expect the aerial filter to split the GPS signal from the two diversity Radio signals, though it seems a bit cheap at £1.49. There's no TV signal going to the RNS as such, because the TV tuner has already converted it to RGBS which goes to the RNS down it's own wires.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

I did not list the TV unit as I already have one, I've only listed the bits I have not got, but think I need.

What I really would like is a diagram of how all the modules connect together, then I could see if I was missing anything.

I could not find the filter listed, only the connector for it which is the £1.49

Dave.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'll have a look at Elsa-Win and see if there's any info that'll help.

K

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.