Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's finally here; in the next week we will be rolling out three ways to program your new A6,Q7 and A8 to enable video in motion without permanently installing a cumbersome module into the vehicle.

Three methods will be available for the programming; the first is to have it done by us locally, the second to send in your control module and the third allows you to do it yourself with the personal module. The personal module allows you to attach a module to your OBD port and program your control module and setting video in motion free. The module stores your cars information and when you attach the module again it will set everything back to stock. The module will be coded to your specific car.

The cost breakdown is as follows:

1. Personal module option is $215 for the moduleto do your own programming on your car.
2. Professional programming by sendin in your control module will be $125.(Includes return shipping).
3. Having the programming done locally will be $100.

Also available will be programming for the RNS-E Navigation system.

Cheers,

Lanny
www.euro-parts.us

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I may interested in Personal Module for my new A8/06. If i've well understood this module does the function only one time and esclusively for my car or can I use it for others A8/MMI programmings?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a4ss4abt said:
I may interested in Personal Module for my new A8/06. If i've well understood this module does the function only one time and esclusively for my car or can I use it for others A8/MMI programmings?
You are correct that it canonly be used on one vehicle since it writes information from your car to the module which will be used again if you return the car to its stock setting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Which model years does this apply to / support? I have an '05 A6 w/MMI + DVD nav and was curious about the possibility of adding TV viewing to the car. I've read a few other posts here and elsewhere as well as suggestions of using the kauftec product(s) to do this. What all is involved re: adding components, etc? I live in SoCal so Chino would not be that far to go to have it done, but curious what all is involved. Thanks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Lanny,

What kind of hardware do you recommend and/or sell to hookup VIM in the US? Is there a NTSC tuner option from Audi? ATSC (longshot)? Single RCA analog video and dual RCA analog audio to an existing controler? to an intermediary box? dual video input option? any digital video input options?

Incidentally does video even travel over the MOST bus?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts