Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a RNS-E on ebay (and it works), i also got a dietz 1491 dvb-t tuner + 1450 IMU.

Hooked it all up and it gives TV in motion.

Has the RNS-E been modified or does the new dietz kit give TV in motion as standard?

cheers guys.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Are you sure that you have your speed wire connected? Nobody has ever mentioned that a Dietz device would enable TV in motion, except for the 1280 that simply filters out the speed signal.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Well, I take that back. There was once the rumor that a 1417 with a specific firmware version would allow video in motion but this has never been confirmed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought gala was not needed, speed was given by canbus, anyway navi works with no problem. I thought the rns-e was modded in the past - i'm not complaining.
The 1491 tuner gives an excelent picture @90mph aswell as 2 AV inputs, the 1450 IMU allows most of the TV functions to be controlled by navi. cool.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
In the A6 C5 it's using the analogue speed signal and your navigation may be working just using the GPS. If you drive in a tunnel or parking garage you should see the arrow stop moving.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
2003 Allroad and RS6 are the best setups out there.
Setup is easy but it wouldn't give you TV in motion.
This channel is locked so my assumption would be that someone unlocked your unit before.

Either way..you saved ~100EU

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.