Audi Forum banner

TT install anyone?

834 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  AudiA4B6US 
#1 ·
Anyone know where I can get ahold of a wiring diagram/install tutorial for the fitment and connections to get the RNS-E into a TT? I've been looking around a bit, but haven't quite found what I'm looking for. I have done a complete retrofit in my B5 S4 already and now my gf is looking to get a TT, but ONLY if I can install the RNS-E into it for her. It looks like most people who have done this install are using A4 units.

Regards,
-SixOneS4

#2 ·
The wiring is not the issue, fitting the double DIN cage is. The TT is very similar to the B5, post 2001 car have CAN, pre 2001 cars need the CAN adapter. So far I have seen only one TT install and the guy fitted a A3 8L double DIN cage somehow in his TT and the built a custom console.

#3 ·
Ouch! Sounds pretty rough having to do a custom console to pull it off. Is the install you are talking about the pictures that you posted earlier on this board? The wiring I assumed would be fairly straightforward, I can get access to the wiring diagrams for the TT, if I could somehow get in touch with the guy who did that other install to find out what all he had to do for the custom console as I'm not worried about the wiring, it's fitting the unit in there and doing it cleanly that I'm concerned about. :) I'd be interested to put together a guide so other people interested in trying this won't have so much trouble finding the information they need to get it going.

#4 ·
The guys sells his setup on ebay.de, saying that he would need to redo the leather on the custom console because it not 100%. And that he would answer the buyer as good as he can. Search ebay for the number I posted in the other topic, don't know if he speak English though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.