Audi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to swap the BNS 5.0 in the new TT with an RNS-E one any suggestions on things that are different

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Check the location of the K-line and Bose pins - those are the only pinouts that are different between the BNS5 and the RNS-E.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ORDERED

The RNS-E navi is ordered and wil be ready for fitting within a few days it would take no more than one hour to fit this so I'll be back

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
What's the part number? I guess 8J0 035 192? And can you take a picture before you install it and post it here?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fitted

I fitted the RNS-E
And everything works great, I also recoded the BT-Tel. so now he also has voice dialing

Only thing was to replace the Bose-pin

The part number was 8J0035192 without SDS, the factory (yes the German boys) called me how I could order the SDS one as it was not been fitted on a new TT yet and it was not available yet.

I took pictures

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot to mention that i removed the extra +30 connection on pin number 16wich was connected with the RNS-LOW (BNS 5.0)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Paul,

Looks much better!! That BNS does not really do the TT cockpit justice!!

Terry

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This TT was one of the first ones to release and they where equipped with this BNS NAVI because the RNS-E just wasn't available

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ordered directly from the factory as I work at the dealer no idea wat it costs, the customer paid about 2800 euros for the set including the install

·
Registered
91 Posts
Paul H said:
I forgot to mention that i removed the extra +30 connection on pin number 16wich was connected with the RNS-LOW (BNS 5.0)
I've just installed an RNS-E in my MK2, it also had the BNS 5.0 installed. What would happen if I left this +30 connection in place?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
markTT225 said:
Paul H said:
I've just installed an RNS-E in my MK2, it also had the BNS 5.0 installed. What would happen if I left this +30 connection in place?
Nothing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.