Audi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear guys, I have had a RNS-E retrofitted in my 2006 A3 Sportsback, 1,9 TDI.

However yesterday when I was driving - the handsfree functioned flawlessly, but suddenly it dropped connection.

I tried to pair the device - but the Audi is not visible on my N95 or my iPhone.

How do I make it "visible" so that I am able to pair the devices once again?

I have tried restarting the RNS-E.
Turning of the ignition, started searching on my cell, and then started the car. etc

Is there any "magic-button" that i need to press in order for it to become visible?

Kind Regards
Michael
Happy Audi A4 1,9 TDI + Audi A3 1,9 TDI owner.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
The telephone module is NOT part of the RNS-E - it's a separate module.

Your best plan is to remove the power from the phone module and see that restarts it correctly. When factory fitted the phone module is under the left hand front seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well.
My car was originally bought in germany so it came with an pre-mounted "dock-in" cell-phone adapter on the dashboard, very ugly - but thats life!

When my RNS-E was mounted, the technician enabled or installed the bluetooth telephone support, and it worked like a CHARM for a period of time.

He said that he skipped the installation of the mic, antenna etc and just enabled the module, because all the wiring was pre-installed from Audi.

What should i look for under the seat?

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Well.
My car was originally bought in germany so it came with an pre-mounted "dock-in" cell-phone adapter on the dashboard, very ugly - but thats life!
So your car already had Bluetooth before you retrofitted the RNS-E - because the phone system includes Bluetooth.

When my RNS-E was mounted, the technician enabled or installed the bluetooth telephone support, and it worked like a CHARM for a period of time.

He said that he skipped the installation of the mic, antenna etc and just enabled the module, because all the wiring was pre-installed from Audi.
He was slightly dishonest when he said that - because it wasn't just the wiring that was pre-installed, the mic and antenna were already installed - because you had a phone kit! All he did was to code the phone module and RNS-E to work together.

What should i look for under the seat?
The phone module is under the carpet in a plastic enclosure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What's the best way to remove power from the phone module? Unplug a connector? Disconnect the battery? I can't find a reference to a fuse anywhere and it seems to be independent of the RNS-E. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts