Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trawling through the search engine and have been able ot answer some questions but still confused on some other issues. So here goes. Recently bought a unit of eBay. The unit is version K and came with a 2005 DVD, pt no 8P0 919 884 C. The sticker on the unit states that the HW72 and the SW is 0500. I used my wife's A2 to fire up the unit, my car is unavailable. Inserted the disc and it began to update the Sw. This is now 0100 and oddly enough the HW states ???. However, I am unsure what it was before inserting the disc.

The unit is picking up 6-8 satellites and my current location. When I try to navigate somewhere the unit calculates the route but gives no details and when I press the Navi-info buton I get a message along the lines of "cannot navigate the maps are not digitised" I have gone into Engineering Mode but still non the wiser.

Is this due to the unit not being able to read the older discs/SW? Something I gleaned whilst searching the forum.
Also why does the HW show ???
Do I have a HW problem or is it again related to the DVD disc?

I assume that one of the reason why the nav would not navigate is because my wifes wiring does not have sufficent cabling and the vehicles details have not been added tothe unit.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
It most likely did a partly software downgrade and now there is a version mismatch. Try to get access to the RNS-E with a VAG-COM and set channel 97 to 1. Insert whatever DVD you have and wait until it starts updating. If it doesn't start updating, go into Engineering Mode and post here what NAVVER and AUDVER are installed right now on your RNS-E.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
So from what i have read here, you have taken a SW0500 unit and downgraded it to SW0100 and installed it into an A2, but it is still coded as an A4 and expecting GALA over CAN and the A2 doesnt have this, which is why you can't navigate on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
craigyb said:
So from what i have read here, you have taken a SW0500 unit and downgraded it to SW0100 and installed it into an A2, but it is still coded as an A4 and expecting GALA over CAN and the A2 doesnt have this, which is why you can't navigate on it.
Thanks AudiA4B6US and craigyb for your response. The downgrade was not intentional. It was something that I realised after the horse had bolted and just wanted confirmation of my suspicisons. Again the A2, no navigation was another pony bolting scenario. I am awaiting a 2006_1 disc so I assume this will upgrade the SW. Also trying to source a 2007 disc. Would the SW downgrade account for the HW: ??? display? or Is this something else?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The HW version should never change when using a DVD. Are you sure that the HW version changed or just the version shown under CAR/Version?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not too sure if the version changed or if it ever showed a version on the screeen. Did not check that before I inserted the DVD. The sticker on the unit mentions HW: H72

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.