Audi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about doing tpms retrofit in my q7,anyone tryed it or know if the harness/parts that comes in the tpms kit for the a6 that kufatec sells will work in a q7?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tpms complete

Tpms retrofit complete.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Help anyone . I got the TPMS system on my q7 but i got message only on my small display like on pic 006, but nothing on main 7 inch display. So when the message is appear its only shows i got low pressure but dothent show what tire..... any suggestions.....Sorry for language. Thanks.

·
Registered
595 Posts
You have the basic tpms system which provides info only when a tyre is loosing pressure, the system described here is the advance tpms which also provides info on the mmi about tyre pressure, position and tyre temperature. In order to have that you will need a different tpms controller, 4 tpms aerials and additional wiring.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Basic TPMS is pretty crude and just uses the ABS wheel speed sensors, so there is no data on tyre pressure or temperature.

·
Registered
595 Posts
In Q7 MY<2010 and MMI 2G, TPMS controller uses the same wheel sensors as the Advanced TPMS and gets all the required data, which can be viewed in VCDS, the main difference is that because it does not have the additional 4 aerials can not identify the wheels position to determine which sensor is in which wheel. Is it possible to transform it in the Advanced model by swapping the controller and installing the additional 4 aerials. The wheels sensors are the same.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi all, to go back to the original question has anyone retro-fitting TPMS used the A6 kufatec loom? I would have expected kufatec to produce a loom for the Q7 but they dont. If you didnt use the kufatec loom what did you use?

Dave

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have made my own loom, using the original connectors from Audi.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Curious, I have the 2007 Q7 4.2 premium and it has the basic TPMS - is it possible to upgrade to get the advanced display on my MMI to show me which tyres are at what pressures?
If so - what should I replace and re-code in the system?
I personally don't think I can add the advanced to mine and get that sort of display - but I hope I'm wrong :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
You can for sure, you have to swap the tpms controller with the high version and add the 4 aerials in each wheel housing. Thats all.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
And the four sensors in the tyres surely?

·
Registered
595 Posts
The sensors in the tyres are the same regardles of the low/high version. They come in 2 versions 315 mhz and 443 mhz, but the frequency selection is transparent at the aerial and control unit level. The frequency can be selected via coding, so the sensors in the wheels does not need replacement.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I thought the low version worked off the ABS? or is that a very low version.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Neo - you know my next questions then :)
Part #s :) tpms controller with the high version and add the 4 aerials ?
Also - what coding needs to be changed via vag on the car so it displays the neat car picture in the mmi? (it can display the picture right?

·
Registered
595 Posts
@craigyb: For Q7 there is no ABS version, only with wheel sensors.

@dmollico: controller= 4F0 910 273 C ; aerial(trigger)= 4F0 907 283 -qty=4 ; connector for aerial=8E0 971 934 -qty=4

There is no coding required to display the picture, it will come out itself once the controller is fitted.
The coding for the TPMS controller is as follows:

Coding table for tyre pressure monitoring.
The 6-digit code is composed as follows:

1. digit:
System selection:
(External peripherals, HW coding)
You can find out which system is fitted in your vehicle by entering the vehicle's chassis number in the ELSA system under Vehicle type identification and then starting the query.

I7K7 A 1 aerial, 433 MHz (Low line).........(0)
I7K8 A 1 aerial, 315 MHz (Low line).........(1)
I7K3 A +4 triggers, 433 MHz ( High line).....(2)
I7K4 A +4 triggers, 315 MHz ( High line )....(3)

2. digit:
Coding of functions
IROW.........................................(0)
IROW, emergency running .............................(1)
IROW, extra load........................(2)
IROW, extra load, emergency running............(3)
IUSA..........................................(4)
IUSA, emergency running .............................(5)
IUSA, extra load ........................(6)
IUSA, extra load, emergency running ............(7)

3. digit:
Specified front axle part loaded
I1.Xbar.......................................(1)
I2.X bar.......................................(2)
I3.X bar.......................................(3)
4. digit:
Specified front axle part loaded
IX.0 bar.......................................(0)
IX.1 bar.......................................(1)
IX.2 bar.......................................(2)
IX.3 bar.......................................(3)
IX.4 bar.......................................(4)
IX.5 bar.......................................(5)
IX.6 bar.......................................(6)
IX.7 bar.......................................(7)
IX.8 bar.......................................(8)
IX.9 bar.......................................(9)
5. digit:
Specified rear axle part loaded
I1.Xbar.......................................(1)
I2.X bar.......................................(2)
I3.X bar.......................................(3)
6. digit:
Specified rear axle part loaded
IX.0 bar.......................................(0)
IX.1 bar.......................................(1)
IX.2 bar.......................................(2)
IX.3 bar.......................................(3)
IX.4 bar.......................................(4)
IX.5 bar.......................................(5)
IX.6 bar.......................................(6)
IX.7 bar.......................................(7)
IX.8 bar.......................................(8)
IX.9 bar.......................................(9)

KNote: If the "extra load", "emergency running" entries are not made, the corresponding functions do not exist. The minimum specified pressure for this is 1.4 bar.
With the "extra Load" function the minimum specified pressure is 1.6 bar.

·
Registered
235 Posts
This is going to be stupid for me to ask - but are you sure it's "C" and not "B" ?
4F0 910 273 C
I can find B, just not C

·
Registered
264 Posts
@craigyb: For Q7 there is no ABS version, only with wheel sensors.
Hi Neo,

Sorry to say, but from 2010, TPMS on Q7 is with the ABS-version only. The wheel sensor TPMS, is removed from the option list. I think it has something to do with the MMI 3G version.

·
Registered
595 Posts
B is the one you have and it is the low (basic) version, people are selling this because they upgraded. C is the newest revision, also A will do the same job but is an older unit produced until 12.2009. On the german ebay, here is an A revision, item no. : 350101297293 and here is a C revision : 280538412390.

For the sender (trigger) look also on the german ebay for article numbers: 360368405518 , 130494600984 , 130494595447 , 130494599504.

@Nikolasz : i know that of course but we are talking here about a 2007 US version, until January 2010, both low and high tpms versions are sensor based in Q7.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts