Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if its possible to turn off the Tire Pressure Monitoring System. I have switched rims, and it cost $240 to get the sensors off the old rims and put on the new rims, and $660 to buy new sensors and another $120 to remount the tires. All for a system that is bullshit if you ask me.

TXGold

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You should be able to disable TPMS by going to channel 61 in #17 and substract 512 from whatever value is stored there.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
TXGold said:
B7 S4 MY 2006. Will unplugging the unit actually work?
Try the coding first. If you unplug the controller you may have CAN wires left unterminated which is never a good thing.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
That is true regarding the CAN wires. The TPMS is on the comfort CAN which could cause some strange issues with parts of your car a bit more important than the infotainment CAN systems. I am just not sure if the recoding will work completely. The cluster may be smart enough to recognize the control unit even if not officially coded for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.