Audi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm trying to pin down the changes I will need to enable TPMS in my 2009 A6 (facelift) FWD.

I have so far enabled the Hidden Menu in the MMI and turned on the RDK option in main/car/cardevicelist, and set Tires air pressure control to 5 in main/car/carmenuoperation. The bit I am struggling with is coding the ABS module to enable TPMS. I have heard rumours it can be done, but the ABS module has no Long Code Helper for my car, and I can't find any reliable info on which bit(s) to set.

So, my question is - did anyone out there spec TPMS on a 2009 A6 and can check the OE coding of the ABS module for me in VCDS?

Thanks,

MF.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi,

I'm trying to pin down the changes I will need to enable TPMS in my 2009 A6 (facelift) FWD.

I have so far enabled the Hidden Menu in the MMI and turned on the RDK option in main/car/cardevicelist, and set Tires air pressure control to 5 in main/car/carmenuoperation. The bit I am struggling with is coding the ABS module to enable TPMS. I have heard rumours it can be done, but the ABS module has no Long Code Helper for my car, and I can't find any reliable info on which bit(s) to set.

So, my question is - did anyone out there spec TPMS on a 2009 A6 and can check the OE coding of the ABS module for me in VCDS?

Thanks,

MF.
What type of coding do you have??

A Code build on summarized values??

Maybe it is the same as on a A3/TT where you subtract 16384 from the excising value??

• Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPMS):
    • +0000000 = with Tire Pressure Monitoring (PR-7K1/7K6)
    • +0016384 = without Tire Pressure Monitoring (PR-7K0)
You can use this web page: http://obd.netloonies.com/ to see if your current coding value contain the 16384 value.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

i tried to enable TMPS, too (like A4 8K) but without any succsess. In the german VCDS Board was reported, the A6 4F needs a extra device for TMPS:

Adresse 4C: Reifendruck II Labeldatei: Keine
Teilenummer SW: 4F0 910 274 HW: 4F0 907 274
Bauteil: J793 RKA+ H02 0080
Revision: 00000000 Seriennummer:
Codierung: 0687809
Betriebsnr.: WSC 02324 785 00200

Reifendruckanzeige für Audi A6 Quattro MJ 2009 - Das deutsche VCDS Forum

Regards

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi,

i tried to enable TMPS, too (like A4 8K) but without any succsess. In the german VCDS Board was reported, the A6 4F needs a extra device for TMPS:

Adresse 4C: Reifendruck II Labeldatei: Keine
Teilenummer SW: 4F0 910 274 HW: 4F0 907 274
Bauteil: J793 RKA+ H02 0080
Revision: 00000000 Seriennummer:
Codierung: 0687809
Betriebsnr.: WSC 02324 785 00200

Reifendruckanzeige für Audi A6 Quattro MJ 2009 - Das deutsche VCDS Forum

Regards
But the A6 (4F) facelift doesn't use the wheel sensors any more, so I can't see why they still uses the 4C unit :?: - it should be the same system as the A3/TT and now A4/A5 uses - the ABS/ESP indirect system.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dear all,
Since end of year 2009, on Audi A6 Ambiente 2.0 TDI, the TPMS is not anymore an option, it is now included in serial.
Then I asked to Audi France technical support which TPMS system is it ("direct" with sensors in wheels or "indirect" via ABS-ESP module ?).
Audi answered me yesterday it is "indirect TPMS".
I think this is a very good new ; I am now convinced indeed there is a possibility to enable it on MMI 3G via VAG-COM and/or hidden menu.
Who (C6 owner bought after Nov. 2010) can send me the coding of his module #03-ABS (hardware 4F0 614 517 AT ; software 4F0 910 517 AK) ?
By comparison I hope to manage to identify which bit corresponds to TPMS enabling.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What type of coding do you have??

A Code build on summarized values??

Maybe it is the same as on a A3/TT where you subtract 16384 from the excising value??

• Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPMS):
    • +0000000 = with Tire Pressure Monitoring (PR-7K1/7K6)
    • +0016384 = without Tire Pressure Monitoring (PR-7K0)
You can use this web page: OBD Coding - Online Tool to see if your current coding value contain the 16384 value.
OK - thanks for this. I've been busy for a few weeks, but just getting round to looking at this now.

My current coding for the ABS module is 0020859 (from a possible maximum of 8388607). Looking at this in binary (Windows calculator is excellent for this), my coding is 00000000101000101111011, which means that my current module does indeed have the bit set that corresponds to 16384 (00000000100000000000000) - the 9th bit in the string.

I am going to try unsetting this by subtracting 16384 from the coding value - leaving me with a coding of 0004475. Here's hoping!!

MF.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. Update on this is that the 16384 bit is not the correct one. On my A6, the bit corresponding to 16384 is to enable the Towing Recognition Control Module for a trailer hitch - see image below:

It's frustrating - the bit is in the string somewhere, but which one?

Next option is to email Ross-Tech to see if they can provide more coding information for my ABS module. I will report any progress...

MF.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ross-Tech now have full scan details of my car and are researching the ABS module coding options for me. They inform me that ABS coding is normally done via SVM (Software Version Management) with the dealer scan tool, hence the need for some research.

I will post back if/when I know any more...

MF.

·
Registered
287 Posts
You also need to be sure it is possible to enable TPMS on your ABS/ESP module.

On the B8s (A4/A5) it is only possible to enable TPMS on module with the PR-code: 1AT

The other PR-code available on the B8s are 1AS, but so fare it won't accept the TPMS coding.

It is the same with the Audi Hold Assist (1AT = works, 1AS = doesn't work).[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I don't know what the PR-code(s) are for the A6 - but it should be something starting with 1A

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

On the B8s (A4/A5) it is only possible to enable TPMS on module with the PR-code: 1AT

The other PR-code available on the B8s are 1AS, but so fare it won't accept the TPMS coding.

It is the same with the Audi Hold Assist (1AT = works, 1AS = doesn't work).[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I don't know what the PR-code(s) are for the A6 - but it should be something starting with 1A
I did look into this, but the ABS module fitted to A6 is different from the A4 range. I have no apparent option code for this on the sticker in my car, so I'm assuming it's a standard module for all cars? My options sticker is (mostly) shown below:

The facelift was also the change point from TPMS with valve sensors to TPMS+ using the ABS sensors, so I'd (perhaps foolishly) assume that the ABS module would support this if there's no option code for it.

Thanks for all your support with this Rene - it is very much appreciated!

MF.

·
Registered
5 Posts

The A6 FL has only two different ABS/ESP modules: for quattro and non quattro vehicles. So every abs/esp module shout support TPMS.

But the A6 (4F) facelift doesn't use the wheel sensors any more, so I can't see why they still uses the 4C unit :?: - it should be the same system as the A3/TT and now A4/A5 uses - the ABS/ESP indirect system.
I don't know, but the RDK device address was changed with the FL. Now address 4C, before address 65.

I hope also that's not the truth and we can activate TPMS without any additional device :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
The A6 FL has only two different ABS/ESP modules: for quattro and non quattro vehicles. So every abs/esp module shout support TPMS.

I don't know, but the RDK device address was changed with the FL. Now address 4C, before address 65.

I hope also that's not the truth and we can activate TPMS without any additional device :D
I don't know why it is possible to enable the TPMS on the B8s only by coding the ABS/ESP unit.

If you look at a TT units, then you'll see that it has the [4F - Tire Pressure Monitoring II] unit - where you are able to do some wheel configuration, which is not possible direct on the ABS/ESP unit the B8s have, and the 'old' A6 has the [65 - Tire Pressure Monitoring] unit, which uses wheel sensores.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dear a6-driver

I made some trials/researchs in my A6 FL MY2010 about RDK (Reifen Druck Kontrolle), and I found those correspondences :

car > cardevicelist > RDK in hidden menu corresponds to #5F byte 6 bit 5
car > carprotocollswitch > RDK in hidden menu corresponds to #5F byte 12 bit 4

Best regards.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi,

Thanks,

MF.
change the byte 1 bit 3 it should give you a D letter on your coding.my code was 022500 and now 022D00 that made it work ok.you might get once or twice error on your ABS but just restart the ignition and it will be ok.
Also bit 7 is for enabling towing prep.cheers
ARI
GREECE:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dear danikas
What is the ref. of your #03-ABS module ?
Mine is 4F0 910 517 AK (software) / 4F0 614 517 AT (hardware) and it is short coding with 7 figures : "0020859".
I'm afraid yours is long coding with 6 figures, then we cannot apply your proposal.
Best regards.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Dear danikas
Mine is 4F0 910 517 AK (software) / 4F0 614 517 AT (hardware) and it is short coding with 7 figures : "0020859".
I'm afraid yours is long coding with 6 figures, then we cannot apply your proposal.
Best regards.
It is NOT an A6 he has - but an A4 allroad!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oups...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Dear danikas
Best regards.
ignore the first 0 .I know in USA the codes have an extra 0 on some codes...just a thought :) i whould make the code 0020D59

i just change the bit 7 and became D. i think yours should be the same so give it a try.

Address 03: ABS Brakes (J104) Labels: None
Part No SW: 8K9 907 379 A HW: 8K9 907 379 A
Component: ESP8 quattro H06 0050
Revision: -------- Serial number: --------------
Coding: 02AD00
Shop #: WSC 00003 207 91381

No fault code found.

·
Registered
222 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts