Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stealth Hitches make a full electric connection class 2 trailer hitch for the A3 Sportback e-Tron, FINALLY! We purchased a towbar from Westfalia back in January 2017, but were unable to get any support from our local Audi dealer or from Audi USA. We did get support from Audi Deutschland, but the wiring system is different and will not work for North American vehicles. After two years of frustration, we finally discovered that Stealth Hitches (https stealthhitches dot com) has an approved hitch which allows us full wiring, no problems with sensors, a charging circuit, and installation at approved shops. The installation cost $350, but an extra $50 for a 7-pin plug, rather than 4-pin. We are finally able to tow our small trailer and keep the battery charged and refrigerator running and cold!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stealth Hitches make a full electric connection class 2 trailer hitch for the A3 Sportback e-Tron, FINALLY! We purchased a towbar from Westfalia back in January 2017, but were unable to get any support from our local Audi dealer or from Audi USA. We did get support from Audi Deutschland, but the wiring system is different and will not work for North American vehicles. After two years of frustration, we finally discovered that Stealth Hitches (https stealthhitches dot com) has an approved hitch which allows us full wiring, no problems with sensors, a charging circuit, and installation at approved shops. The installation cost $350, but an extra $50 for a 7-pin plug, rather than 4-pin. We are finally able to tow our small trailer and keep the battery charged and refrigerator running and cold!
I'm struggling to find a hitch that fits my 2016 A3 e-tron but I can't find it can you give me any tips Where to find or on which site

·
Registered
3 Posts
The best place to order is: Stealth Hitches - Trailer Hitches - The Hitch Made to be Hidden
They are located in Georgia, from whom you will have to order the parts, but they have a nationwide listing of installers from which to choose.
I managed to put the hitch on my curt brand car but the place didn't put the lights on and I went elsewhere to put it however They put three different modules to be connected to the lights and they couldn't now I have the hitch but I don't have to turn on the trailer lights so it didn't actually work I wasted money for nothing

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You must be certain that the installers did not cut into the wiring, but used connections that the Audi system does not interpret as a failure point. Audi, like BMW and other German auto manufacturers, use this system to determine electric faults. We used the following installer in the San Francisco Bay Area. You should contact Stealth Hitches to locate one of their highly approved installers to correct any errors the previous installers caused:
A&B Trailer
1296 Old County Rd
Belmont, CA

Talk to Robert
1-650-368-2125 (can text, too)

$400 for our installation of Stealth Hitch & Wiring, changed to 7-pin from the standard 4-pin

·
Registered
3 Posts
they tried to put it on, but they couldn't, they tried three different models of clubs but they removed one and left it the way it was, it didn't even show the error in the vehicle, so I'll look for this company that you referred me to so they can finish the work of sharpening the lights

1 - 6 of 6 Posts