Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking for a 2 Gb sd card for my Navi system.

I have found on ebay some cheap sd cards from Topram or Adata brand.

I want to know if anybody has this brand of card or have tested?

Do you think that will be ok for the navi?

Thanks a lot.

Bye

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Fruco said:
I have found on ebay some cheap sd cards from Topram or Adata brand.

I want to know if anybody has this brand of card or have tested?
I use an Adata 4GB SD card in my RNS-E - absolutely perfect, no problems at all.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Fruco said:
Hmmm. 4GB for GBP 36.95 sounds too good to be true, that's about 1/3 the price of the cheapest other seller I've found. Notice the shipping costs GBP 21.95! So that makes a total of GBP 58.90 - not so great. But the sellers feedback is very positive (99.7%) on over 4000 sales.

Personally I think it's too cheap and I'd be so wary I wouldn't buy it - but I could be missing a bargain...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And about your memory speed?.

Do you have any link for a cheap online store?.

Thanks Petroldave

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Fruco said:
And about your memory speed?.

Do you have any link for a cheap online store?.

Thanks Petroldave
I've got the 150X Adata SD card.

If you've searched this forum you'll know there's been lots of discussion about memory speeds. My RNS-E is a "fussy" one - it needs high-speed SD cards, other people use normal speed cards without problem.

Just last week my RNS-E gave a "Data Corrupted" error message on a 1GB Hi-Speed ByteStor SD card I use regularly. So I copied the files onto my PC hard drive, re-formatted the SD card and copied the same files back. Bingo! - the card works fine again.

Here's a link to a 4GB 150X Adata SD card from the seller that I bought from click

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.