Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to listen to another radiostation or listen to mp3 and get the TMC information

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Yes, TMC is received on a seperate tuner in the RNS-E. So as long as TMC is available where you live and it is enabled on the DVD it should work.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
craigyb said:
Yes, TMC is received on a seperate tuner in the RNS-E. So as long as TMC is available where you live and it is enabled on the DVD it should work.
ok thanks and how mus i do that because when i drive with a station without tmc it won,t work
I.m gonna try it today wit mine nav screen on maybe it,s that.
I now one thing for sure only on the radio it doesn.t do it.
Or is it possible that i muss choose a station and not on auto on the tmc.,
But first on holiday

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
xallias said:
craigyb said:
ok thanks and how mus i do that because when i drive with a station without tmc it won,t work
I.m gonna try it today wit mine nav screen on maybe it,s that.
I now one thing for sure only on the radio it doesn.t do it.
Or is it possible that i muss choose a station and not on auto on the tmc.,
But first on holiday
Lot's of questions there:

I always listen to a station without TMC (BBC Radio Solent), but I get TMC messages fine - because as craigyb says the RNS-E has 2 separate radio tuners, one for FM/MW/LW radio and one FM only devoted to TMC reception.

I get TMC information even when I'm not looking at the nav screen.

I have the TMC station set to auto.

If you are not getting TMC information then something else is wrong with your system..

First what country are you in? Is TMC supported by the EU 2007 DVD in that country?

Are you in an area where FM radio reception is poor due to a weak signal? TMC requires a strong signal to work correctly.

Last, TMC information does not appear immediately you turn your RNS-E on - it can take several minutes (this morning it took over 10 minutes on my RNS-E, usually it takes less than 1 minute).

·
Registered
103 Posts
PetrolDave said:
Last, TMC information does not appear immediately you turn your RNS-E on - it can take several minutes (this morning it took over 10 minutes on my RNS-E, usually it takes less than 1 minute).
Same here - my daily commute is only around 10 minutes, and most of the time I get into work without seeing any TMC information at all.

However, for longer drives where TMC is more important, I hit on a good idea this weekend: switch the RNS-E on (without the ignition key) around 10-20 minutes before starting out. This sounds obvious but with a four-month old son, it usually takes me a short while to load up the car, so when I first go out to it and unlock it, switch the RNS-E on, and then continue to pack everything in - including my son obviously! By the time my wife and I set out, there's a good chance the TMC reports will have been loaded or at least be available very soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.