Audi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO!I WOULD LIKE TO ASK IF RNS-E HAS A BUILT IN TMC TUNER OR I NEED A TMC TURER BOX LIKE RNS-D?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
IF YOU STOP SHOUTING PEOPLE MIGHT ANSWER YOU....

But the answer is yes it does, but in the UK we have not got a TMC enabled disk yet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
craigyb said:
IF YOU STOP SHOUTING PEOPLE MIGHT ANSWER YOU....

But the answer is yes it does, but in the UK we have not got a TMC enabled disk yet.

sorry for my capital!i did not mean it!
thank you for your answer!
can you please tell me something more!
if i do not need a special tmc tuner box,the second connector at the upper of the rns-e,what is for?seems like the tmc connector?
and something more!you told me theat i can use a navi from a6 with some modifications!can i use also an audi a4 rns-e?
my car is an audi s3 model 8L!

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
s3225hp said:
if i do not need a special tmc tuner box,the second connector at the upper of the rns-e,what is for?seems like the tmc connector?
and something more!you told me theat i can use a navi from a6 with some modifications!can i use also an audi a4 rns-e?
my car is an audi s3 model 8L!
The connector on the upper right (looking from behind) of the RNS-E is for the GPS antenna.

The 2 connectors on the lower left (looking from behind) of the RNS-E are the main & diversity antenna connections - which are used by both the TMC tuner and the main AM/FM tuners.

You'll need to make more modifications to an A4 RNS-E than an A6 RNS-E, so an A6 version would be better for you (it used to be thought that the A4 version had to have it's speed signal and reverse signal over CAN, but recent tests by some people indicate that you can code an A4 unit as an A6 and use separate wires for speed and reverse - but that MAY be HW dependent so you would be taking a risk getting an A4 version).

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
It will work, but not be a good fit.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
craigyb said:
It will work, but not be a good fit.
so the best solution is a navi rns-e from a6 and then from a3?what about the coding in the car?will be the same as i have now in the navi plus?my fis works great now?after rns-e?
except the plugs for the antennas,rns-e has two more plugs!one for the power,spekers etc and another one like the one rns-d has for tmc!right?what is this plug?please help!!! :roll:

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Here's a picture of the label on the top of an RNS-E which gives the pin connections click here which is in the Album section of this site.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I really think you should read the forums!!!!!

Dave and myself are answering questions here that have been answered many times over.

A quick read based on a search of the topics you have raised will answer all your questions.

Craig

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
one more question!
ralf diverter in germany told me that i can get all the needed signals over can bus!my car is already can bus equipped!

so if i buy an rns-e navi from a6 can i use can bus and not analogue signals?

from which modell will fit better my car,with less cut?
a3 a4 a6?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts