Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have the simple cd based Nav in a 2002 a4 avant, I was curious about the TMC dynamic route guidance option, I have heard rumours that Audi now offer this in the UK through traffic master, I am wondering if i bought a new cd with TMC data on it, would my SAT NAV work with it stright away, with some kind of frimware update or not at all?
I have the symphony 2 Head unit which apparently has a TMC module built in

Does anybody have any info on this please?
Cheers

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
al37 said:
I have the simple cd based Nav in a 2002 a4 avant, I was curious about the TMC dynamic route guidance option, I have heard rumours that Audi now offer this in the UK through traffic master, I am wondering if i bought a new cd with TMC data on it, would my SAT NAV work with it stright away, with some kind of frimware update or not at all?
I used to have a 2003 B6 S4 with the CD based sat nav (RNS-D), and I got TMC working simply by buying the ITIS enabled CD from here.

al37 said:
I have the symphony 2 Head unit which apparently has a TMC module built in
Huh? The Symphony 2 is simply a radio/CD player and has no TMC capability at all - earlier you said you have the cd based sat nav, you can't have both the RNS-D and the Symphony II. What have you got in your A4?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
That sounds promising. I don't know what the correct code is for my sat nav, but its the one that has a cd in the boot and uses the dashboard screen and a set of controls by the handbrake.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
al37 said:
I don't know what the correct code is for my sat nav, but its the one that has a cd in the boot and uses the dashboard screen and a set of controls by the handbrake.
That's a BNS.

Does it use TravelPilot DX compatible CD's?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I don't know anout the UK but in Germany the BNS can only do TMC if a Symphony head unit is installed. TMC won't work if you have a Chorus, Concert or non-Audi head unit.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
I don't know anout the UK but in Germany the BNS can only do TMC if a Symphony head unit is installed. TMC won't work if you have a Chorus, Concert or non-Audi head unit.
Sounds like it makes use of the diversity antenna.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Success
used a new cd with tmc data on it, My screen told me it was updating and now i get messages appearing with traffic problems on my DIS.
I know small things please small minds, but i am happy :lol:
thanks

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
al37 said:
I know small things please small minds, but i am happy :lol:
TMC is a really great feature.

I really missed it when I changed from an RNS-D to an RNS-E so I was very happy when SW0550 came out in December with TMC for the UK.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts