Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there exists a 3-spoke wheel that has no MF buttons but just paddles. But I'm thinking I would still need the change the same amount of parts as the other A3 member who switched to MFSW?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Tip only for A3

You need someone who knows (!) or someone with the wiring diagrams. On the C5 A6 it can be done without any MFSW controller _ I do not know what the situation is with th A3, perhaps someone will enlighten both of us?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
On the A3, the tip is part of the SCSM just like the multifunction buttons. Your SCSM may already be capable of relaying the tip commands, but without knowing your part number it would be just a guess. In the B6/B7 the SCSM is good if the car also has cruise control.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've just checked, I have the same control module as the owner who retro'd MFSW on his car. 8P0 953 549 F.

I hope I have the correct S/C ring alreadythen too, but I assume so beacuse according to ETKA there's only one S/C to be used for this module. So I guess all I need is a steering wheel with the proper airbag harness!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can I check the part number of my S/C ring without disconnecting the airbag but just unscrewing it from the steering wheel?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know its done, it was completely plug and play since my car came with the supporting module already. Just had to enable through VAG-COM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.