Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe the blinking problem is based soley on the cluster. I had my original cluster replaced under warranty due to missing pixels. When they installed the new cluster the problem disappeared. Luckily they let me keep the old cluster, so I messed around with it a little to see if I could find the difference. If I re-install the old cluster, sure enough, the problem comes back until I swap it for the new one again.

I tried recoding all the channels in the old cluster with my VAG COM to match the new one; no difference. Then I realized that the software revision on the old one is an older version, D08 compared to D13. I believe this must be the difference.

Perhaps dealerships offer a software update for the clusters? That might be a solution to this annoying problem. Otherwise, perhaps someone on her has an idea of how to update them.

Hope this helps those of you still experiencing this.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't think there is any way to update the firmware on the cluster. If the cluster didn't cost $800 I would be tempted to replace it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Curious. I don't have mine hooked up to the cluster at all and mine flickers.(bad cluster so I leave it off anyway) I was thinking that a capacitor in line with the power might fix it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cole said:
Curious. I don't have mine hooked up to the cluster at all and mine flickers.(bad cluster so I leave it off anyway) I was thinking that a capacitor in line with the power might fix it.
Even if you don't have them directly connected (pre-2002), they are still both on the CAN, and can effect eachother in that way.

·
Registered
114 Posts
b5retrofit said:
I believe the blinking problem is based soley on the cluster. I had my original cluster replaced under warranty due to missing pixels. When they installed the new cluster the problem disappeared.

Hope this helps those of you still experiencing this.
I just installed a new cluster in my S4 yesterday and so far no 'blink' from the Nav. I forgot how nice it was to have a complete DIS with no lines missing.

Thanks for the info, I can now run US firmware and see ALL the info in the DIS while navigating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts