Audi Forum banner

241 - 255 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I already asked Bjarne to share his design, and he said that he was not ready to let it go just yet (hopefully he would be willing to reconsider [-o<). I drive a C5 so I do not have the PIN issue. I am located in NY and from reading this thread I am pretty sure that Bjarne is in California so meeting up would be out. After I get the clock fixed (the initial step is the hardest part... I think) I should be able to get it to turn off the unit when the key is pulled out. I would be willing to meet somebody that has a PIN problem or Bluetooth unit to try and get the PIN and PTT fixed as well. My (current) design incorporates Flash memory so that you would be able to update the software in the future.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did anyone ever find a solution to this?

I've asked Bjarnes but never got a response.

I'd love to have my clock working correctly.

I'd be happy to pay for such device or willing to buy a bjarnes device if anyone has one for sale???

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Hi, Is possible that I disconect clock wire from cluster and I dont have a clock on cluster but I'll have colock on rns-e ?
There isn't a "clock wire" - the clock is carried over the CAN bus; and if you disconnect that you won't get the illumination working on the RNS-E, the RNS-E won't turn on/off with ignition and you won't get any nav instructions on the DIS.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I just bought a CANGate from Bjarne. He made another batch of them a couple months ago. It fixes the clock problem and he even modified it so the steering wheel controls work with the RNS-E too. Mine is an 01' allroad (US). Awesome product!

·
Registered
2 Posts
How to come in touch with Bjarne, I need a cangate too......

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have already bought one from you....... works excellent!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any new solutions to get the clock to work properly? I have a 2002 RS4 (OEM fitted with RNS-D) I have made the RNS-E work (radio,DIS,Navi,CD changer etc) only thing missing is the correct time :)

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
The only known solution is to fit a CANGate - if you can find one.

Last I heard bjarne had a few left...

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I think I bought his last one last week :)

241 - 255 of 255 Posts